Even the weather man on the ABC votes Labor! (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
I'd be surprised if the % of people who voted for the coalition at the ABC would be in the double digits.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
banco55 said:
I'd be surprised if the % of people who voted for the coalition at the ABC would be in the double digits.
Could be something to do with the lack of funding for the ABC.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
And this is surprising in what way? As surprising as McKews Labor orientation? As surprising as Kerry O'Briens clear bias?

I must say, Tony Jones has become slightly more impartial of late..

Insiders too, is becoming more impartial, and I would even go so far as to say, it's almost right-leaning these days.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
This thread wasn't intended to be very serious Mr. Frog. Some Liberal party candidates have come from the ABC, as you are well aware.

frog12986 said:
And this is surprising in what way? As surprising as McKews Labor orientation? As surprising as Kerry O'Briens clear bias?
You know Kerry O'Brien is pretty harsh on the Ruddster.

Asking hard questions to someone of a certain political bent doesn't mean you are bias against them.

Insiders too, is becoming more impartial, and I would even go so far as to say, it's almost right-leaning these days.
Your wording there suggests that impartial should be equated to 'almost right leaning'.

I'd suggest that almost right leaning is as bias and almost left leaning.

Last edited:

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
wheredanton said:
You know Kerry O'Brien is pretty harsh on the Ruddster.

Asking hard questions to someone of a certain political bent doesn't mean you are bias against them.

I have noticed that. As I have said before, I'd much rather watch the 730 Report than the 6:30 dribble on the commercial stations...

Although, with the likes of Janet Albrechtsen on the ABC board, it is highly likely that the movement right will continue, regardless of the presenter..

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's official. Global warming is going to be our downfall, as the proverbial yellow peril.
So fight for a fair go on workchoices and indulge your existential doom. Labor is really representing Australia.
/avoids 'moderate to heavy wind of change' type cliches.

banco55

HSC
I don't think Kerry O'brien is too bad. They are mostly biased in their choice of stories and emphasis.

circusmind

HSC
banco55 said:
I don't think Kerry O'brien is too bad. They are mostly biased in their choice of stories and emphasis.
QFT. I watch ABC ahead of all other news media, but it's fun to watch the nightly news and predict the stories. Always at least one token Aboriginal story, for example.

banco55

HSC
circusmind said:
QFT. I watch ABC ahead of all other news media, but it's fun to watch the nightly news and predict the stories. Always at least one token Aboriginal story, for example.
or refugees. They love refugees.

circusmind

HSC
banco55 said:
or refugees. They love refugees.
Also true. Still, flick over to Seven or Ten and the nightly news may be leading with a Paris Hilton story. *cue bad joke by male presenter.....female presenter cackles unconvincingly*

volition

arr.
HSC
One way to remove unwanted bias is privatisation!

ABC falls victim to problems of staff capture, it functions as a transfer of wealth FROM non-users of the ABC (typically the poorer people), TO anybody who sells products to the ABC, people who work for the ABC (and they're not necessarily made happier because of this either, I'll explain more if you ask), and people who watch the ABC(typically people with above average incomes anyway).

spiny norman

HSC
frog12986 said:
Each episode has two of its three panelists from Fairfax, one of them often Piers Akerman, and you say it's "almost right-leaning"??

Stott Despoja

HSC
N/A
spiny norman said:
Each episode has two of its three panelists from Fairfax, one of them often Piers Akerman, and you say it's "almost right-leaning"??
News Ltd, and the organisation determines the editorial line, not the journalists' own perspective.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
omg lol LEFTISST at the abc sopmeone call in da FBI who wudda though it

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
volition said:
One way to remove unwanted bias is privatisation!

ABC falls victim to problems of staff capture, it functions as a transfer of wealth FROM non-users of the ABC (typically the poorer people), TO anybody who sells products to the ABC, people who work for the ABC (and they're not necessarily made happier because of this either, I'll explain more if you ask), and people who watch the ABC(typically people with above average incomes anyway).
yeah great channels nine, ten and seven are the epitome of unbiased

channel nine brisbane can't even be fucked covering the iraq war because it's viewers don't give a shit about it

spiny norman said:
um no it has one fairfax one australian one tabloid

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Iron said:
It's official. Global warming is going to be our downfall, as the proverbial yellow peril.
So fight for a fair go on workchoices and indulge your existential doom. Labor is really representing Australia.
/avoids 'moderate to heavy wind of change' type cliches.
I was about to say something similar myself- the weather guy knows his stuff on climate change.

UnIqUe PrInCeSs said:
Is there a Labor safe seat in need of a celebrity parachute candidate?

There's plenty more around the Hunter region that they could use :D
Are there any celebrity Liberal Party members?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)