Event Management Help (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Does anybody know of any recognised and well respected event management DEGREES in NSW. I'm having alot of trouble finding any.

Cheers

spence

HSC
I know the ICMS, which is part of Macquarie, offers a Business Admin in Event Management course. That's the only one I know of

patty4848

HSC
That was the only one i have found, and manly is quite a fair way from my home so i was hoping for something closer *hopeful*

Thanks

patty4848

HSC
jb_nc said:
if any university offers something as worthless as event management in a bachelors degree or higher their charter should be revoked and made into a TAFE
Shut up

patty4848

HSC
Exphate said:
UoW offer a B Business Admin (Event Management) @ the Loftus Campus (Sutherland Shire if you didn't know), which is run in conjunction with Loftus Tafe. The UoW spiel can be found here.
Thanks heaps. I didn't know about that one so I'll have a look into it.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Southern Cross Uni do event mgt, club mgt, and hotel/resort mgt degrees... up in Lismore, from memory. Available by distance if you don't want to move/keep working in a city.

caitlin.jones

HSC
Thankyou for the ideas, that is something that i was inteneding on doing in two years but i was having trouble finding any of the event management courses

xx:wave:

emmmy

HSC
The Hotel School Sydney has Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management.. that goes into event management.. its a part of SCU

maddie01

HSC
uts ku-ring-gai campus do a BA Managemen events and leisure OR sport and recreation

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Seriously don't discount the Diploma of Events at TAFE, lots of practical skills, hit the ground running. If you finish the degree you'll have to start at the bottom anyway, it's that kind of industry.

nov0caine

HSC
...from the bottom up... Without any work experience, isn't that applicable to most industries? :p

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Never seen a grad doc have to work as a medical receptionist....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)