Ever feel like your notes aren't detailed enough? (1 Viewer)

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Hello. Is there a way to decipher whether or not your notes are comprehensive enough for a topic? Whenever I make notes according to a dot point, they are quite succint and the information very brief. I don't just read the dot point, and then suddenly all this other information flows back and inundates my mind, but moreso that what I have written is what I know.

For example, my Chemistry notes are only 20 pages, but I can't expand upon any of them based on thought and recollection. I'm worried that if I encounter a demanding question, I won't be able to fulfill the necessary steps to achieve the marks...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For the sciences, try and answer each question as it were a 7 or 8 mark question (obviously if the dot point says identify, dont do this), answer each as an Assess or Evaluate, and make sure you look at Jacaranda for Chem & Phys, that is the best book written.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also follow this to answer your questions, for Advantages & Disadvantages make sure you have 5 between the two, so 3 advantages & 2 disadvantages, or 2 advantages and 3 disadvantages.

Discuss Question:

Identify
Describe
Advantages
Disadvantages

Assess Question:

Identify
Describe
Advantages
Disadvantages
Judgement

Evaluate Question:

Identify
Describe
Advantages
Disadvantages
Criteria
Judgement

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Also follow this to answer your questions, for Advantages & Disadvantages make sure you have 5 between the two, so 3 advantages & 2 disadvantages, or 2 advantages and 3 disadvantages.

Discuss Question:

Identify
Describe
Advantages
Disadvantages

Assess Question:

Identify
Describe
Advantages
Disadvantages
Judgement

Evaluate Question:

Identify
Describe
Advantages
Disadvantages
Criteria
Judgement
Ty iRuler =]

zxreth

HSC
just get your teacher/tutor to have a look through them

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
just get your teacher/tutor to have a look through them
This doesn't always work. Unless you go to a top 100-150 school the teachers wont really help you that much, they'll say you have too much info, or it's all useless stuff, but just cover everything you can for that dot point, thats about it.

tranx

HSC
This doesn't always work. Unless you go to a top 100-150 school the teachers wont really help you that much, they'll say you have too much info, or it's all useless stuff, but just cover everything you can for that dot point, thats about it.
Well thats not really fair to say, as it isn't only the teachers of a school who determine the rank of the school in comparison to others. Take my school as an example, we have some BRILLIANT teachers who can dish out some high quality students (particularly in chemistry and english) and others who are only ok. And the students of my school aren't really model class citizens so to speak, so our rank is a REALLY mixed bag as some students get 99+ and others get "the dash".

To the OP, you should show them to your teacher it might work in your favor and at the same time it might not, but it is worth a try. I use jacaranda to study physics as it outlines everything and gives there additional dot points.

jamesfirst

HSC
I stole some textbooks from the school library. Will use them + Jacaranda + PDF which other people have posted + other people's notes on Student resources + HSC online + Teacher's class notes

Unfortunately I didn't use this ultimate combination of notes for 'Space' and 'Production of materials'... Oh well

I missed out a dot point in 'Space'... which I have to print it out and past it in my notebook :p. I now try to write a little bit of extra info so that I understand everything.

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I stole some textbooks from the school library. Will use them + Jacaranda + PDF which other people have posted + other people's notes on Student resources + HSC online + Teacher's class notes

Unfortunately I didn't use this ultimate combination of notes for 'Space' and 'Production of materials'... Oh well

I missed out a dot point in 'Space'... which I have to print it out and past it in my notebook :p. I now try to write a little bit of extra info so that I understand everything.
That's not very nice....

jamesfirst

HSC
The books basically hasn't been used for like 5 years and I'm goign to return them after HSC. SO meh

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
jamesfirst why arent you at school?, do you have every second wednesday off?, just wondering bcuz we have that at our school

jamesfirst

HSC
No. I was on the computer for my SOR class. I got bored and visited BOS :)

zxreth

HSC
if you have a tutor just get them to look over them, if your teacher can't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)