ever logged into someone else's account? (1 Viewer)

Fry

the freakiest thing just happened to me today. while i was trying to log onto the tutorial registration, i somehow logged into someone else's account!! and they had the same subjects as me. i know this sounds devious, but i was gonna change their timetable around so that i could register for my desired times (hey im desperate) but unfortunately they hadn't register for any tutorials yet. oh well. i have shitty times now because i have a really slow connection. the system is not very secure so i hope no-one does the same thing to me.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hahaha, same, i tried to log on just then, then it appeared to have logged on to another person (disclosed for security reasons) but they do completely different units to me, THAT is so wierd, i have slow connection too Fry, but so far i havent log on to mine yet :(

Fry

it just happened to me again (different person) and i still cant log onto mine either. the system's stuffed up

theone123

blue essence
HSC
what for?, btw, its nothing private and i cant even reg tuts for them :)

Fry

in a way it is, cos if someone knows your name and student id then they could look up your marks which are usually posted up on the website.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hey Fry, now when i log on it keep loading the same page up, how gay. "http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/signin.asp?mess=" its keeps on messing up for sure :)

Fry

Originally posted by theone123
Fry, come along, lets sue PWeb, the number is 98525111
yeah, ill ring em up and complain. ive been here since 9am and i cant even leave my computer for fear of getting shitty times even though it's inevitable. im not going until i fully register for all my lecs&tuts. i cant believe its about 4:30 now and i still cant log in.

Fry

OMG i finally logged in and some fucken idiot just messed around with my times. i originally registered for a tut in the arvo and now they put me on in the evening. i cant change it back cos now the class is full...fucken hell!!!

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
F*** this man, who ever heard of other ppl logging into ur account?? its a bloody disgrace - OI Fry you should so complain , and dont stop till they fix it

memo

Fry are you by any chance using a shared college connection? Maybe someone connecting through the same server/proxy forgot to logout.

JRasnier

i connected from home acouple days ago, one or two days ago, and i did it from home....

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
My friend logged into someone elses account today when she attempted to register for tuts. Slightly worrying.

Fry

Originally posted by memo
Fry are you by any chance using a shared college connection? Maybe someone connecting through the same server/proxy forgot to logout.
nope, im just using my home comp. im still mega pissed off though. there's something wrong with the logging off thingy because ive tried to log off so many times but it didn't work. it always comes up with the 'cannot find server' page.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
opps , fry i reported it to a tech support, but they say you shouldnt change the tutorials or look at their results, its slack. Its illegal to access other accounts apart from yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)