Everyone ready for Japanese Continuers? (1 Viewer)

celetii

HSC
Pressures finally starting to kick in so I was wondering how everyone else is going.:smile:

Any major worries about the exam?
How did everyone go for trials?

EDIT: how did everyone go for trials?

Last edited:

HadBill

HSC
Uni Grad
Listening is always a bit of a challenge for me. Sometimes too fast to take notes and write an answer simultaneously.

celetii

HSC
Listening is always a bit of a challenge for me.
I know what you mean..:(
I usually listen to listening tracks from hsc.csu.edu.au twice,
try to answer it, and then go back to the script read it once,
and listen again. Really helps to open your ears kinda:tennisclap:

ladysunshine

HSC
i'm scared for the writing task, i always struggle with grammar in tenses

celetii

HSC
I'm really scared for writing too..

How did you go for trials?

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
im scared for writing since you have to write something with senior structure and clarity. Though it may be interesting to think funny things to write on the spot. O_O

HSC
Uni Grad
The exam was so so.
I thought question 11 was a bit iffy, I just say the reason why I stuffed up was because I had bad friends around me and that everyone hates me and what not.

kraftykarrot

HSC
Listening question 6 (?) or whichever one asked for writing in Japanese was, I thought, much too difficult to do in the time given. My class teacher and several of my classmates agreed that more time should have been allowed to translate the katakana, listen to the passage and write the answer. I also thought that in this and in some of the other questions there were a few too many words not in the syllabus, or at least not in the Wakatta textbook.
What did everyone else think of the listening section?

wangiswinner

HSC
N/A
Listening question 6 (?) or whichever one asked for writing in Japanese was, I thought, much too difficult to do in the time given. My class teacher and several of my classmates agreed that more time should have been allowed to translate the katakana, listen to the passage and write the answer. I also thought that in this and in some of the other questions there were a few too many words not in the syllabus, or at least not in the Wakatta textbook.
What did everyone else think of the listening section?
could not do listening, even the first question. the first question is always weird. :(

I wonder how japanese continuer scales, whats the raw mark cut off for band6...?

heatherkate

HSC
I thought that overall the test was pretty swell! Did not like the tick-box listening question but beyond that it was pretty sweet. The extended responses were a bit convoluted I thought, even compared to the extension ones I did today but on the whole it wasn't too bad. More difficult than past years though...
Not sure about the band cut-offs. Would be interested to know, though :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I was talking to my teacher who taught me in years 8-10 and she looked at the reading & writing section (she said she yet to listen to the listening part) and she said that the first few questions of the reading section was do-able but when it came to question 11 started being hard. Overall, she thought it was harder than other years.
But other than that, I was talking to other people, including those who did Ext., they thought it was hard as well. Glad I am not the only one.

funstudy

HSC
I thought listening was alright, couldn't understand like one word in each listening passage but I don't really think that matters in the lnog run

funstudy

HSC
I think all languages scale pretty well- obviously not as well as maths say, but relatively okay

Haruka

HSC
I'm year 10, accelerated to year 12 in Japanese only so found some bits harder than others... the last question on listening KILLED me so I skipped it. Derp. Hope that isn't going to screw up my mark. I want to get into a uni Japanese course, so I'll just have to wait...

The reading and responding section was what totally screwed me over though. I kept forgetting all the grammar structures I'd learned...

SchoolIsBoringg

HSC
useless subjects, don't think we would need it for the rest of our lives... unless it's the language you speak at home to your parents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)