Evo vs STI (picture thread) (1 Viewer)

Evo or STI?

• Evo

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • STI

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm a bogan and don't vote for either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I've loved the look of every STI Impreza until the current model and was pretty meh about every Evo until the Evo X. Weird.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a huge fan of the 04 and 05 STI's... my mate's one still gets my blood going when WOT. It just feels hectic (and looks great). Haven't sat in an 09/10 model yet but when the hatch first came out I sat in the MRT tuned model and found it was agro but nowhere near as frantic as the previous STIs. That being said it does do well on the skidpan.

I guess what the real concern from a lot of us is that we want more power and higher tunes, but we also want to know that if something goes wrong, we're not going to be stuck with a lemon. At least the 240kW TMR Evo X which was sold through Mitsu dealers got the 5/10 year warranty which is no different to the run of the mill CJ Lancer warranty.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've loved the look of every STI Impreza until the current model and was pretty meh about every Evo until the Evo X. Weird.
It's a lot less boy racer.

That picture won me over. In fact I have the original SMH/Drive article pinned up on my wall :)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
No, that would be a cannon exhaust, massive rims with skin thin tires that ruin ride and handling turning a performance beast into nothing more than an accessory that screams tasteless and desperate for attention with no appreciation as to how to truly get good handling out of a car.

Personally, I find the Evo X "aftermarket but tasteful."

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel the Evo X is both aggressive yet a little bit understated/toned down compared to the Rexes of past.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
That seam from the rear quarter to the doors looks really weird...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i think coupes are just preferable..

sorry jace
Coupes are hot but I don't consider a 3 door version of a 5 door car to be a coupe. We're not talking E Class Coupe vs. Sedan (because that's a real coupe), I'm talking old Imprezas, Volkswagen Golf, Mazda2, etc... 2 less doors does not automatically make it a coupe!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, really? :confused: Thats what I thought roughly defined a coupe.... so what WOULD they be, if not coupe?

What I thought a coupe was - has a boot (so not liftback, like the celica, and obvioulsy not hatchback because thats a hatchback :p) but only has 2 doors. A 4-door coupe is a sedan. How do you define a coupe? Teach me :)
Haha fair enough I think the term 'coupe' is not really well defined nowadays and some people use it looser than others. I don't consider the 3 door STI's to be a coupe. To me the defining characteristic is more that the roofline in the rear of the car smooths down into the boot? Sorry for very poor definition but for example, I'd consider the 4 door CLS (Benz) to be a coupe as it still looks like one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)