Evo vs STI (picture thread) (1 Viewer)

Evo or STI?

• Evo

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • STI

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm a bogan and don't vote for either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
That's good :D did you draw it with MS Paint yourself or get it from somewhere else?
It's from the Kingdom of Loathing, a game I used to play in junior high school. Even though I don't play anymore, I still use it as my avvy and it's part of my online ID from practically every forum I visit.

You mean sort of like this?

I agree though not necessarily a long raked windscreen - the Jaguar E-Type 2+2 has a nearly vertical windscreen yet I would still call it a coupe. It also has large back windows and a large rear window.

"Coupe"- the most ambiguous body type
That's one of the most beautiful "fresh" designs I've seen in ages...What car is that? Reminds me of the Aston Martin V8 but much more modern looking. And yea, that's exactly what I was talking about. Given, the coupe definition is more of a guide than a strict rule, there are exceptions everywhere.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just to stay on topic

EDIT: Far out

Hopefully THIS one works - hows this for a weird STI - its only a concept and I sure hope they never turn out like this

I think that's a photochop rather than a concept. Either that or Subaru really did "pick the best option" available to them with the hatch STI!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thought I'd add some more photos from a trip to the track a few years back:

Evo

.... in hindsight there were a lot of Evos :)

Kralex

HSC

haha whats with that gross chick?

Evos are fucken sexy but you can't go wrong with a black sti imo.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
What are car meet girls like then eh?

Kralex

HSC
Oh c'mon, it doesn't take an eye surgeon to notice that shes not the hottest car model.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What are car meet girls like then eh?
Few in number.
Usually forced to be there by their boyfriend.
And not in huge crowds.

This is based on my experience attending numerous car meets.

The only exception to this was when the girl was paid to be there (i.e. she was an "import model" and walked around taking photos with everyones' cars) but I haven't seen any of those such car meets for several years now. I'll see if I can dig up the picture of Kay Valentine at Homebush P6...

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
You'll probably laugh when I tell you... but it's actually a Peugeot SR1. The French often incorporate "quirks" into their designs, sometimes rolling out some downright weird-looking cars, but this one, as you said, has a fresh look about it and I'm not surprised you thought that :)
Peugeot...? What...? And a hybrid too? :(

I'm a little disappointed they didn't put a V8 in that. That is a stunning concept and I hope they put it into production in one form or another.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Where are those pics from, seremify? WP/OP? How much did the day cost you (assuming you took whatever you had at the time out on the track too)? Any special kit you need in your car to take it out aside from a helmet (racing harness etc)?

Def need to get into trackdays/racing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Where are those pics from, seremify? WP/OP? How much did the day cost you (assuming you took whatever you had at the time out on the track too)? Any special kit you need in your car to take it out aside from a helmet (racing harness etc)?

Def need to get into trackdays/racing.
This was from a track day in Malaysia. Costs a lot less over there than it does here and my cousin's car club had booked out the Sepang circuit and also got GPS laptimers (you'll notice the little things clipped on to the front of some of the cars grilles/mesh).

I'm planning to head down to EC (or Marulan if it's still open) after my busy season at work finishes :) Expecting to spend between $200 and $300 all up including petrol. No need for special equipment (i.e. rollcage/harness/etc) in the car if you are only going for fun and not participating in a CAMS race or anything.

I've done some stuff with MRT Performance before and have their 'track day guide' if you're interested- happy to forward it to you (PM me your email) as it explains what you need to bring (helmet) and what you should wear, how to prep your car (i.e. get it serviced, check oils, tyre pressures knocked up a bit, 98 octane, etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)