Evo vs STI (picture thread) (1 Viewer)

Evo or STI?

• Evo

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • STI

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm a bogan and don't vote for either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
This was from a track day in Malaysia. Costs a lot less over there than it does here and my cousin's car club had booked out the Sepang circuit and also got GPS laptimers (you'll notice the little things clipped on to the front of some of the cars grilles/mesh).

I'm planning to head down to EC (or Marulan if it's still open) after my busy season at work finishes :) Expecting to spend between $200 and $300 all up including petrol. No need for special equipment (i.e. rollcage/harness/etc) in the car if you are only going for fun and not participating in a CAMS race or anything.

I've done some stuff with MRT Performance before and have their 'track day guide' if you're interested- happy to forward it to you (PM me your email) as it explains what you need to bring (helmet) and what you should wear, how to prep your car (i.e. get it serviced, check oils, tyre pressures knocked up a bit, 98 octane, etc).
would love it, cheers

given the conditions of most roads in syd I finally decided to start saving for the track (was going to take my bike out though, not a car). what do they check when you take a car out? brakes/tires/input controls?

I have to admit though, comparatively it does seem like a lot of effort and money to get the same return you'd get driving out of sydney for a day on a tank of fuel and a stop at maccas.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
you'd be surprised. The ones in NSW are fine, but theres a couple in vic (broadford is one, forgot the other) where about 3/4 of the turns have no traps/runoffs, just metal barriers.

Imo the biggest draw is the road surface. Half of RNP is like awesome and resealed, the rest is riddled with grooves and potholes which are a nightmare to navigate when you're leaned over.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
would love it, cheers

given the conditions of most roads in syd I finally decided to start saving for the track (was going to take my bike out though, not a car). what do they check when you take a car out? brakes/tires/input controls?

I have to admit though, comparatively it does seem like a lot of effort and money to get the same return you'd get driving out of sydney for a day on a tank of fuel and a stop at maccas.
some of the guys in my club (EDGE RACING TEAM - Front Home Page and AUSCA---Australian Universities Student Car Association) also go the night before and share a motel room so that they have plenty of energy on the day for track lol. anyway i forwarded u the guide fyi.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
dayum! that was side splittingly hilarious and quite shocking at the same time :eek:

Compare the pair!! :cool:

are those real or photochops? the 2nd one looks like a 3 door STI which looks fantastic but i think it might be fake. and that evo 8 looks good though.

i saw a varis kitted evo x in singapore. will upload photos tmr!

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
you'd be surprised. The ones in NSW are fine, but theres a couple in vic (broadford is one, forgot the other) where about 3/4 of the turns have no traps/runoffs, just metal barriers.

Imo the biggest draw is the road surface. Half of RNP is like awesome and resealed, the rest is riddled with grooves and potholes which are a nightmare to navigate when you're leaned over.
One day I will visit the Nordschleife, preferably in an air-cooled Porsche.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it's only a 4 cylinder. This is their latest release, suposed to compete with the Audi TT - and its a 4 cylinder too. Come to think of it... I've never heard of a Peugeot with anything BUT 4 cylinders! :confused:

It does 0-100 in 7.6 which is better than I expected, considering it is also only a 1.6L.......
That's just shocking....Talk about a blatant ripoff. Doesn't look as good as the Audi either.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
The lights make it look like a Proton.

61st of April

HSC
Here's some more digital imaging -

... I'm glad these guys didn't get hired as car designers... I mean the imaging skills are high but I dont like it as a car

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)