exact answers from books/web sites in HSC (1 Viewer)

SEAKING

HSC
N/A
are we allowed to use exact answers from books or websites?
or ones with minor alterations to them such as synonyms??

or do we have to reword it completely??

thxz

morganforrest

HSC
SEAKING said:
are we allowed to use exact answers from books or websites?
or ones with minor alterations to them such as synonyms??

or do we have to reword it completely??

thxz
Heard of plagiarism???

Monraf

HSC
im pretty sure you have to reword your answers, one its plagiarism and two generally the exam papers arent going to have the exact same question in the test so if you used a memorised answer chances are your not really answering the question

amyg238

HSC
I often memorise exact wording of definitions from text books, becuase I know if I change them I might miss something out. This is for Biology and Chemistry though.

Obviously, its "plagiarism" to used something exact for English, but for sciences I reckon its fine.

Oh and maths, to memorise the exact wording of a conclusion for an induction question for example, I really don't see how thats plagiarism.

I don't know about Legal, or business studies or whatever else.

Simone Pip

HSC
you are allowed i asked my ancient teacher this a few months ago, as you could just memorise stuff and write as it is an exam it is not plagerism what happens is, because you could never know what the question is going to be what you have memorised or 'plagerised' is going to be altered to answer teh question, and it will be written in your own words, and as long as it is good you will get the marks!

Simone Pip

HSC
just realised i did not specify i was talking about an exact essay,or what a historian has said, only you manipulate it to answer the question, not that im bothering but for those that have had the time to learn GOOD LUCK :)

HSC
well if you're talking about exact answers, i'd be pretty f*ckin impressed if you can remember about 800-1000 words straight up. if you can do that, youre probably an idiot if you do any essay subjects apart from 2u eng.

that being said, good luck memorising, and try not to panic and mental blank it in the exams. and of course, good luck getting good marks for an answer that doesnt answer the question.

good luck tomorrow everyone.

G

gaoOO

Simone Pip said:
you are allowed i asked my ancient teacher this a few months ago, as you could just memorise stuff and write as it is an exam it is not plagerism what happens is, because you could never know what the question is going to be what you have memorised or 'plagerised' is going to be altered to answer teh question, and it will be written in your own words, and as long as it is good you will get the marks!
i think your teacher meant that you could memorise one of your essays, not an essay someone else wrote and then tweak it to the question. That is still going to be plagiarism because no question is going to throw you off so much that you write something not almost word for word off your memorised essay.

No teacher is going to encourage you to memorise someone else's essay and if that's what they think, i reckon they shouldn't be teaching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)