Exam And Study Help (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi Guys, I just finished my mid-yearly physics exam and I realised I misread a 3 marker (10%), it was an easy question but just stupid a mistake and I've been filthy about it for the past week whilst feeling like I made other mistakes. This happens with legit all my exams where I just bleed marks by doing dumbest things on easy questions and I always feel really shit afterwards, like I missed out on a band 6 in my maths by 2 marks because of brain explosions on simple questions. I always study my ass of and go into exams really nervous, I get like tunnel vision and overcomplicate the simplest questions in them. Is there any advice for bad exam nerves and how to fix simply mistakes in exams? (I know stupid mistakes are normal but I feel I make two much of them). Also, is there a way to study more efficiently as I feel I do too much and I feel miserable a lot of the days.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This sounds like a stress problem, which is absolutely normal as a lot of people get stressed before (or during) exams, despite having studied well for them, and this can trigger those silly mistakes.

You need to find a way to not feel stressed and you can do so by thinking more positively and consider the fact that you've studied very well, i.e. having a positive mindset - "I know I studied very well --> I know I'll do well".

To avoid stress during an exam, one thing you can do is to skip a question which doesn't immediately ring a bell, attempt other questions, then come back to the troublesome question after completing the other questions. That will reduce your stress level caused by that question, and will allow to think more effectively of a solution to it, and reduces your chances of making a silly mistake, not to mention you get to spend all the time that's left on that one question knowing you've already completed all the other questions.

As for studying more efficiently, that mostly depends on what subjects you do, as you can adopt a specific approach for each.

I hope this helps 😄

idkkdi

HSC
Hi Guys, I just finished my mid-yearly physics exam and I realised I misread a 3 marker (10%), it was an easy question but just stupid a mistake and I've been filthy about it for the past week whilst feeling like I made other mistakes. This happens with legit all my exams where I just bleed marks by doing dumbest things on easy questions and I always feel really shit afterwards, like I missed out on a band 6 in my maths by 2 marks because of brain explosions on simple questions. I always study my ass of and go into exams really nervous, I get like tunnel vision and overcomplicate the simplest questions in them. Is there any advice for bad exam nerves and how to fix simply mistakes in exams? (I know stupid mistakes are normal but I feel I make two much of them). Also, is there a way to study more efficiently as I feel I do too much and I feel miserable a lot of the days.
dont study much the day before exams.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Why though, I feel like I'm wasting time then.
idkkdi's right.

By the time you get to the day before the exam, you would've pretty much studied everything. The day before the exam should be a revision day, where you briefly go through the content that will be assessed and make sure you are familiar with/remember all the important concepts.

You need to be in a relaxed state as you commence your exam, and studying on the last day wouldn't help with that.

idkkdi

HSC
Why though, I feel like I'm wasting time then.
ur wasting brainpower and increasing anxiety.

just do some stone study.
watch youtube and study some.
maybe some light revision and problems.

if ur sweating the day before an exam it often doesn't go very well.

Hiheyhello

HSC
okay so i also experience stress right before exams and listening to this a couple of nights before and the day before really helps to calm me down and feel confident whilst sitting the exam.

also, try to make really condescend summary notes throughout the term which you can use to briefly review the day before so that you feel productive without overwhelming yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)