Exam essay Question (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Say i study:
-Effectiveness for society/individual
-Conditions giving rise to the need for reform/Agencies of reform
-Legal issues and remedies

but i leave out Morality, ethics, and commitment to the law, because i don't like it - We get a choice between 2 questions, correct? So therefore there must be at least 1 question not involving Morality, ethics and commitment to the law. Is this correct?

connie

HSC
N/A
thats not guarenteed, we could get a choice of two questions that both involves morality and ethics, one could be do with alternative family arrangements the other could be related in terms of parents and children

it is fundamental in legal to know all the syllabus points

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
if you want to look at it like that, then yes it is incredibly against the odds that they will make both questions that similar

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by connie
thats not guarenteed, we could get a choice of two questions that both involves morality and ethics, one could be do with alternative family arrangements the other could be related in terms of parents and children
What? they can't specify topics within Family Law for the essay - the 2 questions have to be the same for all option topics

mememe

I'm a bit worried about it actually. In the specimen paper for legal the questions were:

(a) Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in regulating the variety of family arrangements.

OR

(b) Assess the place of the law in resolving conflict and encouraging cooperation between partners with respect to the children of dissolved marriages.

They are pretty specific aren't they? I didn't think they could do that, you couldn't even use your own issues

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by mememe
I'm a bit worried about it actually. In the specimen paper for legal the questions were:

(a) Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in regulating the variety of family arrangements.

OR

(b) Assess the place of the law in resolving conflict and encouraging cooperation between partners with respect to the children of dissolved marriages.

They are pretty specific aren't they? I didn't think they could do that, you couldn't even use your own issues
What the shit?
What paper is this?

mememe

The specimen paper was like the "example" paper they made to show people in 2001 doing the new HSC what the layout and exam questions would be like. (i thinK). It's always good to have a look, like you would look up the real 2001 and 2002 papers.

But anyway, my point was that those questions were so specific!
for example...

You can't use your own issues. So does that mean we have to study EVERYTHING now!? Or do you think they did it in the specimen to show they CAN do it but they aren't likely to?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by mememe

OR

if you look at it, the first one is general, the second one isn't/\.

mememe

So they will always (probably) have a general one. Or else it's all over for me!

What is "regulating" the variety of family arrangements asking for anyway?

connie

HSC
N/A
in the past they have been pretty general, however the past only includes "2 years" so really we don't have much to base our opinions on,

it is expected that you know the whole course, if you are looking for the easy way out then at least read over each topic so you have a rough idea

also there are other things you didn't mention besides morality, commitment... like a past question was on continuity and change?

Ringo

they always have a general one. The specimen papers are *always* harder and more specific - in every subject I do that has been the case.
I seriously don't think either will be specific enough that at least some of the issues you have put it won't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)