Exam gloating/whinging thread (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
Behavioural Finance.
"In this course, we will examine how people make predictable and repeatable mistakes in financial decision-making. We will describe the nature of these mistakes and their origin, using insights from psychology, neurosciences, and experimental economics, on how the human mind works."

lol. might pick this as one of my fins electives.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting 1b= meh could be better
soil mechanics= felt pretty good, felt even better when everyone reckons they failed

halapenyo

HSC
Accounting 1b= meh could be better
soil mechanics= felt pretty good, felt even better when everyone reckons they failed
'soil mechanics'

that sounds heaps funs.

Thaler

HSC
N/A
"In this course, we will examine how people make predictable and repeatable mistakes in financial decision-making. We will describe the nature of these mistakes and their origin, using insights from psychology, neurosciences, and experimental economics, on how the human mind works."

lol. might pick this as one of my fins electives.
If it's just a free option and you have 12 units to spend, I would recommend Experimental Economics (prerequisite) and then Behavioural Economics instead. They're good courses run by Andreas Ortmann and it's basically a continuation of one into the other. They also teach you a lot more than Behavioural Fins, but there are a lot of overlapping areas too, especially in the most important parts of Behavioural Fins. I wasn't a big fan of the Behavioural Fins lecturer - Payzan-LeNestour - as she has an incredibly chaotic way of teaching and will jump from topic to topic with little linkage or coherence. That said, all three are a lot different to most other courses. Because most of the course is just summarising and discussing experimental journal articles and theoretical papers you get deeply immersed in economics and psychology literature. Plus there are so many excellent experiments to discuss with interesting results. Google the Milgram and the Zimbardo experiments from the 70's as an example.

HSC
Uni Grad
MATH1251 - pretty decent exam. If you did all the past papers you should have been fine. but FUCK MY LIFE I DIDNT DO ALL OF THEM and several Qs were the same as the papers I didn't do *sigh*. Like it wasn't actually that hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)