Exam Location in Randwick Racecourse (1 Viewer)

Crylias

HSC
First year here, was wondering what was the quickest method to get to Panorama in Randwick Racecourse to sit an exam.

If you get off at high street and go through that big gate.. isnt it like a 2km walk to the exam location.. not to mention you have to walk through the putrid smell of horse shit to get there.

Any other alternatives?

dp624

HSC
there are buses you can take which get off close to/at randwick racecourse - i think the 37x or 39x? check to make sure though :)

Crylias

HSC
thanks david, ur chem/phys notes helped me get band 6s in the HSC as well :D

Justina

HSC
There are express buses from Central that go to the racecourse

henry08

HSC
N/A
If you get off at high street and go through that big gate.. isnt it like a 2km walk to the exam location.. not to mention you have to walk through the putrid smell of horse shit to get there.
I doubt they would let you walk across the racecourse, normally that entrance is for cars only, although it may be different for uni exams. Its not 2km either lol.

ct92

HSC
It explicitly says never to enter by the gate opposite Gate 2. You want to get off a bus on Alison Rd.

glimmerless

HSC
Would it be wiser to catch a bus from central or from Elizabeth Street, Martin Place?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
exam travel arrangements are no different from going to uni, the buses stop at randwick racecourse, just ask.

Crylias

HSC
so the 891 stops on the other other side of randwick racecourse? near allison rd?

dp624

HSC
thanks david, ur chem/phys notes helped me get band 6s in the HSC as well :D
LOL glad to hear, but how did you get hold of them? I'm actually told they're a lot further spread than I would think....
good luck for your exams though :)

HSC
The walk from the top of High St down the back of the Racecourse is very relaxing. Such a nice slope.

proringz

HSC
There are express buses that go direct to Randwick Racecourse during exam periods.
Or as quoted from https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/examinations/Transport.html

"Buses to Randwick Racecourse Exams

Catch the 339, 372, 374, 376 from stand C in Eddy Avenue, or

Catch the 373 from Circular Quay, via Elizabeth Street and Taylor Square and get off at the first stop on Alison Road at Doncaster Avenue."

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
catch whatever express bus goes to randwick racecourse, there'll either be a dude in the syd busses jumper showing students which ones go there, or the bus will have some obscure letters/numbers on it (like L01 or some random set of numbers, i can never remember) with a picture of a horsey next to it, or just ask the driver.
or u can get a public bus that stops at randwick races.

as to where the panorama room is, or any other room, when you get to the racecourse, the main area, there'll be a massive tree, under that tree you will find a MAP OF THE AREA! :D
it'll have the usual "YOU ARE HERE -->" and it'll show u where everything is.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
why the fuck isn't your exam in unsw? like the uni is too small?
For some courses, exams are actually held on campus. My first exam tomorrow is at the Scientia but I've also done exams in the Squarehouse too.

It just depends on the arrangements made and the size of your cohort. Big courses will usually mean you're at the racecourse. Infact, it's quite uncommon to be able to do your exam at uni in the first place.

Crylias

HSC
this is offtopic but omie_jay and tommykins.. do u know whether u have to pass the finals for PHYS1121 in order to pass the course? or just over 50% overall.. no chance im passing these f**king finals....but i've already got 55/60 from labs/midsession/quizzzes from leeching off others.

henry08

HSC
N/A
The lecturer has said you don't have to pass the final exam, but you do have to get over 50% overall in the course AND do satisfactory in each part of the course (this includes the final). He wouldn't define furthur what 'satisfactory' in the exam was, so hopefully its just that you have a decent attempt etc, no minimum mark.

Crylias

HSC
The lecturer has said you don't have to pass the final exam, but you do have to get over 50% overall in the course AND do satisfactory in each part of the course (this includes the final). He wouldn't define furthur what 'satisfactory' in the exam was, so hopefully its just that you have a decent attempt etc, no minimum mark.
I hope satisfactory is like 10% in the finals then.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I hope its just that you've shown to have a decent attempt at all parts etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)