Exam paper structure. (1 Viewer)

Mata10

HSC
Which paper structure is easier?

2012: 10 multiple choice, 6 questions worth 15 marks.
Or
Before 2012: 10 questions worth 12 marks.

Web Addict

HSC
I believe that the new structure is easier, however the questions feel all over the place.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I think the recent structure is better actually, even though it is harder. MC gives you an advantage.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
I think the recent structure is better actually, even though it is harder. MC gives you an advantage.
You can't really talk about advantages in HSC exams, it is the same for everyone. If you are able to use MC to your advantage, then so can everyone else.

andybandy

HSC
i think its easier, because the test doesnt seem like such a drag

Mata10

HSC
I believe that the new structure is easier, however the questions feel all over the place.
I like the pattern in the previous one, how it goes from simple to more difficult questions.

I was thinking about spending 20 minutes each on q11 to q14, then spend the reminder on the other two. I really struggle with the last ones. Is that a wise idea?

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC
It's easier for some, like me, but harder for others. As Adrita said, MC gives you 10 easy marks. However, the decrease in overall mark count from 120 to 100 means that every mark counts more than ever. So, it's best to say that the new exam structure is neither harder or easier.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You can't really talk about advantages in HSC exams, it is the same for everyone. If you are able to use MC to your advantage, then so can everyone else.
Yeah it gives everyone an advantage. That's what I meant. Lol.

bedpotato

HSC
I like the pattern in the previous one, how it goes from simple to more difficult questions.

I was thinking about spending 20 minutes each on q11 to q14, then spend the reminder on the other two. I really struggle with the last ones. Is that a wise idea?
Yeah, 20 minutes seems like a good idea, but you could probably do 15 minutes on 11 and 13 then spend a bit longer on 13 and 14. Also don't rush Q11-14 and make sillies, this is where you want to try to get 15/15

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally like the new structure better. For some reason, it makes the test feel much shorter in comparison to the old one :tongue2:

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
It's easier for some, like me, but harder for others. As Adrita said, MC gives you 10 easy marks. However, the decrease in overall mark count from 120 to 100 means that every mark counts more than ever. So, it's best to say that the new exam structure is neither harder or easier.
Agreed

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
The fact they put MC in 2/3/4U is still beyond me. It's ridiculous.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Well it can disadvantage the good students. They do 3 marks worth of working out and still get the same mark as the dropkick who guessed the right answer.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Well it can disadvantage the good students. They do 3 marks worth of working out and still get the same mark as the dropkick who guessed the right answer.
Haha omg, I'm going to be working them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)