Exam questions (1 Viewer)

princesskt

HSC
How is this part of the exam set out? Do we answer the question on our person, ethic and tradition thing or do we just pick one? Heh confused, or maybe just dumb.. hmm

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
princesskt said:
How is this part of the exam set out? Do we answer the question on our person, ethic and tradition thing or do we just pick one? Heh confused, or maybe just dumb.. hmm
it would be easier for you to look at the sample paper at the board then try and explain it here as it depends upon what level you are doing.

Essentially two parts if 1 unit (3 if 2 unit)
1 short answer - 3 parts each part no more than 6 marks (total of 15) on each section (in theory-can ask two questions from one section)
then
essays /20 (1 or 2 for 1 or 2 unit) on one section of syllabus

You are not allowed to do one religion twice ie one religion/question

Sean Pereira

HSC
How accurate do you think the specimen paper is to the actual HSC exam?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
the layout is exactly the same as the hsc will be. the questions also look fairly decent and would not doubt that such questions will come in the hsc.

princesskt

HSC
I mean the depth study part of the exam. I do 1 unit. But I was wondering, coz the syllabus has changed, does that mean the exam set up does? Coz in past exams, (well this is what I thought anyway lol) you only answered one question on your ethic, person or tradition. But do you have a question on EACH? Or hmm confused..

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
princesskt said:
I mean the depth study part of the exam. I do 1 unit. But I was wondering, coz the syllabus has changed, does that mean the exam set up does?
The exam has changed dramatically from the past..Get the specimen paper
princesskt said:
Coz in past exams, (well this is what I thought anyway lol) you only answered one question on your ethic, person or tradition. But do you have a question on EACH? Or hmm confused..
It didnt exist like this in the old exams so I dont get what you mean by this

You shouldnt be using the old exams for revision as the structure and layout and expectations are completely different (unless you re-word the existing questions for practice!!)

FOR 1 UNIT
There are 2 sections in the exam relating to the Religious Tradition Depth Studies (Christianity, Judaism etc)

1= section out of 15
This section will ask all three areas of the RTDS (Person/School of Thought, Ethics and Practices)
Each section will be no more than 6 marks (three potential marking patterns??)

2=section out of 20
This section will give you only one option from the three choices.

The religion that you pick for /15 is NOT ALLOWED TO BE THE SAME as the one you pick for /20

eg
/15= Christianity- all three sections
/20= your second religion that you have studied eg Judaism- one option eg ethics

Get the specimen paper if you have not sat/seen a paper yet eg 1/2 yearlies

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/studiesreligion_specexam_07.pdf

The Trials and the HSC should mimic this structure EXACTLY as its how it should be set out

The wording of the questions should be very similar to the syllabus (differences will be in the glossary terms) so knowledge of the syllabus is critical
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/studies_religion_syl_05.pdf

Last edited:

all4gsus

HSC
i love the way they set it out this year... it is so good. i wish they did that for every subject... cuase it means you know exactly what questions are asking which bits of the syllabus, but it's unfortunate you HAVE to knwo a person for all the indepth religions... that's gonna kill me.

princesskt

HSC
okies thank you :) Sorry, I was just confused coz my teacher said there would be questions on each thing argh no im just confusing myself more lol sorry. But thanks for your help :) I understand now :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Not a problem...as I said, get the sample paper to see the layout and instructions for teh HSC

NOTE...cannot say how your trial will be laid out. It should be as the exam but then agin, some schools dont follow the guidelines.

princesskt

HSC
Ok, so I just noticed we only have one question for in 11. Has that changed too? Coz I thought we got questions on Aboriginal Spirituality and Religion in Australia Post 1945 (wateva it is) but hmm.......

-pari-

HSC
N/A
all4gsus said:
i love the way they set it out this year... it is so good. i wish they did that for every subject... cuase it means you know exactly what questions are asking which bits of the syllabus, but it's unfortunate you HAVE to knwo a person for all the indepth religions... that's gonna kill me.
or alternatively, just know the three sections for ONE religion really well - make that your essay religion

ie. i'm doing christianity for the essay

and the other two religions i'm doing in the short answer section.

so i can afford to know less of the latter two, and more in detail for christianity.

mullo

HSC
Sean Pereira said:
How accurate do you think the specimen paper is to the actual HSC exam?
rekon the specimen paper is pretty accurate but u just gotta look at the syllabus there isnt a great deal that they can ask in terms of either describe, outline justify etc.

mullo

HSC
-pari- said:
or alternatively, just know the three sections for ONE religion really well - make that your essay religion

ie. i'm doing christianity for the essay

and the other two religions i'm doing in the short answer section.

so i can afford to know less of the latter two, and more in detail for christianity.
you could do that but you do run a risk what happens if u get a really wordy question tha tu dont get youll be up shit creek

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
You shouldnt get a "wordy" question as the questions do have to reflect the syllabus buthaving said that, they (BOS) dont have to follow the glossary terms as set out in the syllabus
ie if the syllabus is "outline", they could ask another term in substitute in the HSC .: you have to know your stuff well. Dont prep to the syllabus terms
(esp in Rel in Oz post 1045) and the Religion and Non religion

As Pari said...know all three sections WELL and be able to write all THREE sections to a 20 mark standard

I do disagree though with trying to second guess the exam questions are preparing one section really well as we havenot seen any questions yet from the board (except the specimen which was straight from the syllabus)

Im encouraging my students not to do a biography for eg for 20 marks...I think its too risky as it may become too descriptive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)