Exam Results are OUT (Wed 21/07) (1 Viewer)

PG5

HSC
Yeah man, so much ppl logged on atm.

umm.. Can't u ask for a remark of your final exam?

hehe my friend got 19 for efs... lol... they totally messed his 1 up!
He prolly got 91... but they typed it wrong..
he'll get it changed soon though...
hahaha but as of now, in the eyes of uts, he failed badly....

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i can't see my results
it keeps saying that it's unable to process my request or some crap? is that cos too many people are online

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yup, the server is getting hammered. im at work atm at uts and i cant even get in myself.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
frigid,
i think that you need to stress less, university isn't the same as high school, just because you work hard it doesn't necessarily equate to high uni marks.

just be happy that you passed everything, that's all that really counts.

flowin'

At high school, it was said a teacher threw the assignments down the flight of stairs and the furthest ones got the highest marks.

Anyway, I think they distributed the marks along a bell-curve.. and you won't far away enough. Similar thing happened to me in mathematics, because heaps of actuarials were doing mathematics in my year, so marks were heaps low compared to in the past.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Asquithian said:
Yeah ...passing is important...uni marks are a mystery...

the unsw poetic justice mag had a lovely quote about uni marks next to a picture of a guy handing in an assingment

" Nickos in a symbolic gesture hands in an assingnment. The assignment box leads directly to the university furnace...his mark will actually be determined by his teacher using a dartboard in the staffroom"
LOL, that's very pessimistic!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
yeah but still beats the crap outta getting credits. i need laz to help me. :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
this isn't bout my intent to transfer... i just dun like getting credits. in law. ever. full stop.

MrA

r u supposed to access ur results from the menu column on the left or is there a link at the page on the right??

cause i've tried several times, but the menu doesnt load :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
this isn't bout my intent to transfer... i just dun like getting credits. in law. ever. full stop.
that's like me, and actuarial..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
yes unfortunately you will need the menu on the left which is a really annoying menu.

TheKey

HSC
Frigid said:
Im not sure how they calculate things in UTS law, but in UNSW engineering your 1st year uni marks only count for 10% of the Final Mark you receive when you finish your degree.

But yeh.. marks in uni are pretty weird, in discrete maths i studied and thought i did well bit i got 59%, while in my ELEC1010 subject i got 76% without any prep.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Frigid said:
what are you talking about, aren't you in your first year of uni, so this is really the first time you've gotten uni results.

you know it's all good that you want to achieve high and stuff, no one's saying you should underachieve. but when people who do well mope around about how 'shit' they went its really ..annoying.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
Frigid said:
]I'M SO FUCKING PISSED OFF EVEN THOUGH I GOT TWO HDS (ACCTING AND ECONOMICS)... MY BUSINESS LAW AND ETHICS RETURNED AT MARK OF 65 (CREDIT)...
THERE WAS NO FUCKING WAY I COULD HAVE GOT A 65...

I FUCKING GOT A PRE-EXAM MARK OF 40.5/50...

THE EXAM WAS WORTH 50... I ACTUALLY STUDIED AND ATTEMPTED EVERY QUESTION.... NO FUCKING WAY I'M GETTING 24.5/50, IN MY FIRST LAW EXAM, RIGHT???? FUCK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :CHIANSAW:FUCKSELFFFFFFFFFFFF
hahahaha maybe they scale you ????
like maybe everyone got good marks in the final exams.. so they cant giv everyone HDs... i think they only allowed to giv out a certain amount of Hds and Ds... so if everyone does good.. yall get scaled down.

HSC
25115 Economics for Business P 56 6
22107 Accounting for Business P 57 6
31509 Computer Fundamentals P 62 6
31060 Information Sys.Principles C 74 6

ahh my laziness prevailed!!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha get over it dude. at least your unit co-ordinator didn't tell you personally, "you're doing better than most people in the course, you can afford to lose a few marks here so i'm not going to give you marks for the questions where your answer is debatable. your raw mark is already a distinction, however I can't guarantee you a HD because we are only allocated so many to give out."
and then he gives me a 74 hahaha

so yeh i bet my story is more tragic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)