Exam - special consideration? (1 Viewer)

dyara15

HSC
I've got one of those end of year exams tomorrow yet I have been unfortunate to be struck down with what the doctor describes as acute tonsillitis (that is, if i have read his writing clearly) and he has suggested I take tomorrow off (as written in the certificate). I am not feeling too well at the moment as I have a very high fever, a lot of dizziness etc, hence I wanted to ask, do you think this doctor's certificate will help get me an alternative exam date as I feel too f*%#ed to attend and do this exam?

dyara15

HSC
What is the likelihood of them rejecting my request? I've only missed a tute (a few lectures, but they haven't been marked, so she won't know), and my grades have been a D average thus far for this unit.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I'd think so, considering you have a written certificate.

If not, take a bottle of codeine, a pack of paracetamol and several Red Bulls and hope for the best :)

dyara15

HSC
Cheers for that reply.
Anyone from uni know whether I should turn up crook, put a's in all the multis and just leave, or whether there is a high likelihood of them accepting my special consideration based on what I have said. I have heard of one person getting special consideration for missing the exam due to a car accident, but surely in my case, i would be let off as well?

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I'm fairly sure if the doctor says to take the day off, then the university should allow you to take the day off, especially if you have a fever.
Just call and ask.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
you should go to the exam, then fill out the form for special consideration.

having said that, acute = minor. so htfu

dyara15

HSC
Well, I don't think they would have much right in rejecting someone's claims of sickness, especially with a medical certificate and a legitimate reason, because that was would a disadvantage to the person in question. Anyway, that is only something that I have read somewhere (can't remember where), and I think I read something about the Government doing regular audits to ensure that there is no disadvantage occurring to any of its students.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Which uni are you at? Is the tonsilitis so bad that you can't go to their website and look at their guidelines?

dyara15

HSC
Well, I am getting better at the moment and it wasn't anywhere as bad as it was on Friday. I have had a look and done what they have asked, however, all that I was asking is how successful are these appeals?

hotdimsim

HSC
i'd go to a second doctor and get a second opinion. 1 doc saying you should take the day off they may dismiss, but i have a feeling 2 saying the same thing might have more of a sway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)