Exam technique (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher also told me to read questions (during that 5min) from the back to front

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher also suggest reading from the back to front during reading time

helium

HSC
N/A
I've heard people saying that it's better to look over the MC and do them in your head during the reading time, but others think it's better to read the hardest questions first? What do you guys think?

ahdil33

HSC
You know how there's some questions where you need to write stuff in order to get anywhere (most conics questions), whereas the harder questoins and something like circle geo just require you to sit there until you get it. Imo the best way is to just stare at harder questions or circle geo til you get them, after quickly evaluating the paper.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
I either try to solve the MCQs in my head or work out the circle geometry during the reading time.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
The right balance between accuracy and speed is needed.

choiyokbao

HSC
whats the reasoning behind going from the back to front for reading time?

Engen

HSC
Don't know too much about reading time but head of the ext 2 marking committee told me to spend 20 mins on mcq, no more, no less (unless you're 100% they are all correct) and then just do the other questions in normal order. Also stats say the avg B6 (E4) kid needs to get min 12/15 in the first section. Just a heads up :>

Good luck brah's. Reppin any state rankers.

choiyokbao

HSC
Don't know too much about reading time but head of the ext 2 marking committee told me to spend 20 mins on mcq, no more, no less (unless you're 100% they are all correct) and then just do the other questions in normal order. Also stats say the avg B6 (E4) kid needs to get min 12/15 in the first section. Just a heads up :>

Good luck brah's. Reppin any state rankers.
isn't first section usually pretty easy though...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)