Exam technique (1 Viewer)

Kaido

be.
HSC
This is related to section 1 of paper 1

1. What would be needed in a response for 3 markers? And how long should the response be?
2. How should I structure a 6 marker response? And how long should the response be?
3. Are there any discriminating factors in section 1 (to distinguish between a 14 or 15)?
4. How much time should be allocated to this section?
5. What should be done during 10mins reading time? (I usually manage to read the Qs + all texts of section 1)

akt

HSC
This is related to section 1 of paper 1

1. What would be needed in a response for 3 markers? And how long should the response be?
2. How should I structure a 6 marker response? And how long should the response be?
3. Are there any discriminating factors in section 1 (to distinguish between a 14 or 15)?
4. How much time should be allocated to this section?
5. What should be done during 10mins reading time? (I usually manage to read the Qs + all texts of section 1)
1. Build a mini argument and provide more than one reference to the text - Identify 2 textual examples (+techniques) provide a detailed explanation of both, and discuss the effect while focusing on the question

2. 6 marker should be at least a written page. Come up with a thesis at the start of the response, and convey it throughout the response. Do a mini intro like 2 sentences long. Refer to evidence and techniques when you write analysis. May be one or two texts. If it's comparing 2 texts, I assume a paragraph on each text with comparisons in the second text paragraph? Make it balanced between 2 texts. Add in rubric aspects etc. Short 1-2 sentence conclusion where you make a judgement and suggest which text is more effective. Can use the same quotes from previous answers but try to find new ones too.

3. No idea

4 + 5. Completely depends on the person! Read the texts during the reading time, that's what it's meant for

Kaido

be.
HSC
^ Thankyou, very similar to what I had in mind, although I'll prob shoot for 1.5-2 pages for 6marker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)