Exam Thoughts (2 Viewers)

becko the gecko

HSC
well i thought the exam was overall ok. a few brain snaps and had to make up info for the last communication Q which was wrong! but other than that no problems.... the exam isnt supposed to take three hours BUT my school was advised that we were given three hours so that we could plan our answers to make them as perfect as possible... so while alot of you found it easy i'm guessing they diffinately wont mark it easily!

pRii

HSC
I thought the exam was the best one i've done so far..after the chemistry exam, i thought bio was going to be really hard, but it was a good exam..a couple of questions got me thinking oh no, but it was good overall!!

Is our school the ONLY school that did Human Story..lol..i wish we did communication or another option, but the human story questions were okay..did anyone else do human story?

Good luck to everyone with their results..:)

Last edited:

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
I thought it wa sa pretty good exam.
I didnt study much, have a pretty gay teacher which made me incredibly unmotivated lol.
But yeah i didnt even look at past papers
just read my summaries etc,
Yeah after chwem i thort it would be SO hard
but it was pretty good =]\
i bullshitted a bit but hey.
=]

bttrflyeffect17

HSC
for the alleles in the meiosis question, i wrote that they would be AA BB Ab and Bb, because there was one cell there that would split into four gametes. therefore there would only be two alleles in each cell. and it said 'these chromosomes', so i figured that meant the ones involved in crossing over.

squeak29

HSC
Yeah i did the Ab Ba whatever it was, didn't even think of doing all 4. Was pretty easy, finished with 1 ¼ hours left so left early, so did like half of my class so i figured i did fine. Did anybody else do biotech for the option.....if they did they could have asked much worse questions, like they asked the process you used to gather information on a process and not about the actual process, haha. Oh yeah and that allele one why the hell did they put 3 lines.....you needed to write like 8 letters

Last edited:

janine24

HSC
pRii said:
I thought the exam was the best one i've done so far..after the chemistry exam, i thought bio was going to be really hard, but it was a good exam..a couple of questions got me thinking oh no, but it was good overall!!

Is our school the ONLY school that did Human Story..lol..i wish we did communication or another option, but the human story questions were okay..did anyone else do human story?

Good luck to everyone with their results..:)
Yeah we did human story, it was so easy but then again bio has been the easiest out of all my exams ( i know what u mean about chem)

with the culture question how much did u write?

tinalum

HSC
hey..i believe they arent forms of communication..i wrote things like the use of colour for mating...such as..peacocks of 4 types of cones, meaning that they can see in another dimension of colours than human can. they are used to communicate for mating...as males have colourful displays of plummage to attract females...same with baboons with they red band...and for poisonous insects with bold colours to communicate that they are dangerous adn should not be eaten

~kiki

HSC
yoakim said:
Eesh, I thought the exam was challenging than normal, in comparison to previous years...

I reckon the CSSA 2007 trial reflected this exam pretty closely in some areas. It's so frustrating when you realise that you got a question incorrect because you can't do anything about it now!

Apparently for 'Communication', bees and insects detecting pollen with UV and snakes detecting prey with IR is not a form of communication? (Can someone clarify?).

I screwed up the 7 marker for communication - I neglected the 'produce sound' part which was the larynx, although I was going to write about it but I didn't! I jotted down 'Larynx' at the top in my plan, do you think the markers will consider that I was going talk about it but didn't, and give me an extra mark? lol
Well, I guess they were referring more to interactions between animals. -- eg, mate displays (peacocks and bower birds), warning signals (red back spider), signalling readiness to mate (female baboons)...

~kiki

HSC
oops-- knew I should of read to the end of the forum! Apologies--- repeated what someone already said ><

brydie06

HSC
did anyone else rejoice at the fact that there was a COMPLETE ABSENCE OF KIDNEY QUESTIONS!?!!??!?

i could of kissed the test.

Fenwick

HSC
I finished in 1hr 20 mins haha.. I never expected it to be that easy!!
Hope the rest are that easy

ichigo.bankai

HSC
mithril1337 said:
Hmmm

if everybody found it easy their gonna scale it hard

:( what was the asnswer of the xylem mc plz someone
mithril u bloody noob its b lol welll im not sure im just teasing u:p

Last edited:

goosiegoo

HSC
brydie06 said:
did anyone else rejoice at the fact that there was a COMPLETE ABSENCE OF KIDNEY QUESTIONS!?!!??!?

Yes, yes i did. *Jives*. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't like/couldn't do kidney questions.

mattwillie

Awesomely Awesome.
HSC
Amylou222 said:
I thought the exam was pretty good too, though that 8 marker was shit cos they didn't give enough space! As if 1 page could be worth 8 marks anyway, so I had to try and cram everything in which is probably bad. I so didn't understand that question on the bases, what was with that? Did people put
A- 20
T- 20
C- 30
G- 30
cos the ratio of A to T is equal and the ratio of C to G is equal? I didn't even know we needed to know the percentages.
Overall it was good I think, but I always get confused with a few multiple choice that are meant to trick I reckon!
hmmm... i put:
A - 20
T - 30
C - 20
G - 30

dont know why, i just seem to remember seeing a picture that had more thymine that adenine, so i went with that. Probably wrong, but meh.... no changing it now. Good luck with the rest of your exams.

shona1990

HSC
brydie06 said:

OMG YES!
I was sort of expecting something to do with renal diaylsis Vs the kidney, (yet still didn't study it :p), but am soo glad it wasn't there!

bmwz4

HSC
huhasmyname said:
anybody remember the specific question they asked us when we had to filled in the table?? i had
a-20
t-20
c-20
g-20
because if the bases take 100% of a dna strucutre then wat about the sugar and phosphate??? thats why i had 20,20,20,20??!!! ><
i had 20 20 20 20 SUM1 PLZ CONFIRM THIS for the love of god!

shona1990

HSC
huhasmyname said:
hahaha. dw i had the same thing and now that i think abt it. it would be kind of weird if u have 60% of dna with the bases 'c' and 'g' and 40% with 'a' and 't'. it would look uneven in terms of how many complementary bases are on the dna wouldnt it??

now i'm feeling unsure.....
Yeah, but I just figured they all should have added up to 100%
Blah, I dunno.

emma2290

HSC
i talked to my teacher afterwards and she said that it was 20 20 30 30
also in the temperature extended response were we supposed to talk about adaptations for short term? cos i didnt

radicaljocy

HSC
Best question ever!

"Name one other way that someone can maintain personal hygeine."

ONE MARK!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)