Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

joshyooo

HSC
Freakster01 said:
i thot it says name a disease caused by macro parasite not wat a macro parasite is which is wat u r referring to isnt it? :S
I said the macro parasite (tapeworm) may cause an imbalance in the microflora of the individual and hence cause a Candidas infection... dunno if its right tho?

intriikatepavii

HSC
i put ringworm as well but i knew it was a fungus. i just put it there for the sake of putting something down.

didnt we only learn what a macroparisite is ? not what type of diseases it causes

edan

HSC
For the macroparasite question I put paralysis caused by Australian Paralysis tick. Do you reckon that'd be a good enough disease?

mithril1337

HSC
hey guys is this right:

Malaria is caused by the female Anopheles mosquito??

boothster

HSC
yeh for that macro parasite question im pretty sure we just learnt about what they were and examples of em....not really wat they caused.... i had a punt and said liver flukes in humans lead to liver schlerosis or jaundice - but i thort those were symptoms rather then diseases

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
mithril1337 said:
hey guys is this right:

It's not caused by it as such. It's a vector which caries the protozoan plasmodium which causes Malaria. At least that's what I think.

pRii

HSC
janine24 said:
Yeah we did human story, it was so easy but then again bio has been the easiest out of all my exams ( i know what u mean about chem)

with the culture question how much did u write?
Umm..i wRote 3-4 pages for the cultural devlop. question, but only covered the types of development and changes (communication, tools blah blah) instead of things like habitat destruction, biodiversity....I was a bit disappointed coz that was one part of human story that i thought wouldn't come up..i studied for it but not in detail....but otherwise human sory was good.

How did you go with that question?

Last edited:

emoslitorist

HSC
No kidney plus no punnett square questions =) Not much on xylem and phloem either, thank goodness.

Well, gee, I just realised I screwed up that macroparasite question. No matter. Only one mark =)

I hope I get a good mark. Cause I didn't study for the trials and screwed it up a bit.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
mithril1337 said:
hey guys is this right:

is this the questio ntaht goes" most pathogens must be transmitted or something to trigger the immune response"? relate this statement to an infectious disease?

if so, i said that the malaria was caused by the plasmodium protozoa which was transmitted by the female anopheles so not really caused by it, however it was also spread by direct and indirect contact?

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
emoslitorist said:
No kidney plus no punnett square questions =) Not much on xylem and phloem either, thank goodness.

Well, gee, I just realised I screwed up that macroparasite question. No matter. Only one mark =)

I hope I get a good mark. Cause I didn't study for the trials and screwed it up a bit.
I SO totally agree with you.
I never learnt the kidney stuff.
And punnet sqaures/sex linked etc always screwed me up.
Xylem and Phloem aswel.
i was like so stoked =]

Ditto about the trials too
lol
I have a crappy teacher. haha

lexie2290

HSC
errr that exam was harder than last years and the year b4!!! :( the DNA question with the % thing killed me and the mieosis qu 2 thank god they were only worth 2 marks each! oh n the 7 mark qu was a bit wierd + my last 2 communication qu worth 2 and 4 marks but i think i BS's my way through them.
.......and for the person who asked about xylem mc : xylem transports water and Na ions. i hope i got in the 80-90's

bmwz4

HSC
joshyooo said:
I said the macro parasite (tapeworm) may cause an imbalance in the microflora of the individual and hence cause a Candidas infection... dunno if its right tho?
erm? i had tapeworm but it didnt say explain it just said name one....

why would tapeworm a macro parasite cause candidiasis (thrush) which is a fungal infection caused by microflora imbalance?

erm thanks guys well if i ha 20 20 20 20 will i alteast get 1-2 marks? or isit just 0

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
bmwz4 said:
erm? i had tapeworm but it didnt say explain it just said name one....

why would tapeworm a macro parasite cause candidiasis (thrush) which is a fungal infection caused by microflora imbalance?

erm thanks guys well if i ha 20 20 20 20 will i alteast get 1-2 marks? or isit just 0
id say you would get a mark for having the correct column, the missing bases, T G and C but not the other mark because the percentages arent right.

who said tapeworm caused candiasis?

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
lol i scewed up the dna % question. I added it up to 200% *hitting self on head repeatedly*. Will I still get some marks cos i had A 20 T 20 C 80 G 80. So do i get a mark for knowing what matches and knowing the names of the other bases?

.: vix :.

HSC
did anyother biology class do the human story option?..alot of ppl r doing the communication one..i dnt really noe other classes/schools doing my option..i dnt noe if thats good or bad..meh i rekon i did alright in that exam..i finished early too but i stayed for the whole 3 hrs just incase and so could take home the question paper :] good luck with other exams ppl!

.: vix :.

HSC
no wait i did to do right :] its the damn exams ..sorry for wasting pplz time with my babble

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
asparagushills2 said:
The DNA percentage question was easy! there complimentary strands, therefore A=T and from the remainder G=C. I found that test quite easy, im hoping for a good mark, our biochemistry option was easy, made me happy. only one im worried about was the phloem/xylem question. i said phloem only cos it was closer to the outside and was fatter, whilst the xylem (which relies more on capillary action i reasoned) would be narrower, also its closer to the centre, so i said that one.

nah its not a phloem, im certain on that, it doesnt even show a phloem in teh picture, the different columns are what makes a xylem, its a longitudinal diagram of the xylem, the fat column you said consists of the dead cells and other columns consist of water and mineral ions separated by a tough membrane that allows water and ions to passively travel through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)