Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

what-for?

HSC
i thought it was a good exam.
im worried about my 8 mark question though.

i asked my teacher about q14 on multiple choice about aldosterone and ADH. she said it was A which is what i put.

when i first found out my class was doing The Human Story, i couldve died. i mean, knowing off by heart the names AND characteristics of humans' ELEVEN immediate ancestors who have bloody hard names (Australopithecus afarensis- thats just ONE!) is crazy. throw in all that other bullshit and theres no way you could learn it all.

when i saw the question for human story in the exam, i totally ate my words. i could not have been happier. managed to fill out all 8 pages for those questions.

im hoping i get a band 6. *knock on wood*

FUFU

HSC
i thought this exam was ok, it wasnt so much in detail, i thought it at times to be quite weird especially the one where you had to design an experiment! but overall it was ok, i was rushing through it, but when i realised no-one had finished i just took my time till i finished it! communication was good it wasnt that hard, i was expecting it to be far worse! hope i dont jinx myself! LOL

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i dont care what your teacehr said was the answer for 14...but its CCCCCC!!!!:burn:

melbell2046

HSC
im so glad most people found that exam easy! i had almost an hour left to check my answers at the end. we did the communication option and i found even those questions relatively straightforward as long as you read the question completely.so glad im not the only one that thought this!:wave:

toohonest

HSC
half the year doin biology walked out after about 2 hours... either it was really easy or we missed alot of trick questions.... that q about genes & health stumped me as well.... ehhh im expectin nothing special for that exam.....

we were allowed to take the booklets with us.. thinking of burning it...

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
14 is C... well thats what I put. ADH increases reabsorption and aldosterone controls water and salt reabsorption though people always think that it only controls reabsorption of salt.

For Q3.. I think I put A but Im scared b/c the circles look like sieve plates like in the phloem.

What did you guys put for 4? I put C but it looks really wrong to me.

Also for Q12 I put A but Im not 100% sure. Since it says interation in the question, the T cell releases a soluble factor (1 of 2 mechanisms in T/B cell interation) that stimulates the B cell but in the t cell box, it doesnt mention the soluble factor.

Last edited:

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
joshuaali said:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/743/biology/157142/multiple-choice.html#post3162785

Amylou222: Well, aldosterone's true purpose is to retain sodium ions. Water is conserved in the process, but I don't know.
I was talking about this with my mates. Yes even though aldosterone retains Na+ ions and therefore water, not strictly rehydrating, the question is, why inhibit it?
That was a specific of the question. I cant see how the body would benefit from inhibiting aldosterone as it increase water absorbtion via osmosis, while thats not its original fucntion the fact is, by having both hormones acting there is more water absorbed

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
asparagushills2 said:
The DNA percentage question was easy! there complimentary strands, therefore A=T and from the remainder G=C. I found that test quite easy, im hoping for a good mark, our biochemistry option was easy, made me happy. only one im worried about was the phloem/xylem question. i said phloem only cos it was closer to the outside and was fatter, whilst the xylem (which relies more on capillary action i reasoned) would be narrower, also its closer to the centre, so i said that one.
Mate i said exactly what u did, it was a nice thick tube on the outside of the vascular bundle, and it had those rings all the way up and they sure didnt look like lignin. But one of my friends said it was xylem sooo... lol wait and see aye

emma123321

HSC
yea our group finished about 2.5hrs early to.i thought it was way to easy but i dont think we all could have bombed:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)