Exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Glyde

HSC
So, how does everyone think they went and what mark do you think you got?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Since ES is my 12th unit, i didn't study for it, but even without it, the exam was pree straightforward.
All the calc were easy, drawing was easy, even mc was standard. If i had studied for it , i would've got 90 raw.
I think i might get low 80's raw, scale to a high 80's maybe even 90 (unlikely though)

noonedoesnt

HSC
N/A
Farely easy paper, finished in 1.5 hours, spent the rest of the time recalculating and adding to answers. Multiple choice was harder than the rest of the paper.

Flop21

HSC
Since ES is my 12th unit, i didn't study for it, but even without it, the exam was pree straightforward.
All the calc were easy, drawing was easy, even mc was standard. If i had studied for it , i would've got 90 raw.
I think i might get low 80's raw, scale to a high 80's maybe even 90 (unlikely though)
So doesn't that mean you should have studied for it lol? Because then it would have contributed to a high ATAR (unless you're acing all your other exams too ).

kashkow

HSC
I found MC to be the hardest part. Had no clue about the first question...

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
So doesn't that mean you should have studied for it lol? Because then it would have contributed to a high ATAR (unless you're acing all your other exams too ).
I was always stronger in my other subjects so i just gave up on this one to further increase my other subjects. But, by chance, the exam was easier than expected.
Basically, in comparison to my other subjects, my internal marks for this subject was the lowest.

kashkow

HSC
Multiple choice was definitely the hardest. Anyways the first question was Body centred cubic

BCC
View attachment 33522
Yeah I just figured that out just before after doing a quick search online ahaha.

I've seen BCC before but never understood what it meant and I guess never remembered it when I was told. Though I might have a slim chance of having guessed that answer, since the term body centered cubic sounds familiar.

Do you remember what option of the multiple choice that was? A, B, C or D? I think I either put down B or C... I remember eliminating the Face centered cubic one - I think that was A??, and also eliminated maybe one other - I think it was D.

Do you remember the answers you got for any of the calcs questions too?

EMKsquared

HSC
In previous years 83-85 was a state rank and usually 90-93 was top of the state, do you guys think it'll increase or stay the same for this year?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
In previous years 83-85 was a state rank and usually 90-93 was top of the state, do you guys think it'll increase or stay the same for this year?
Lol not even close. 93 raw might get you a SR, depending on scaling, but in terms of final marks, the minimum is 96

EMKsquared

HSC
In 2013 an 80 raw got a 95 and someone got a SR with 96, 2014 i know for a fact 84 raw got a SR, though 2015 not sure and this year as well was much easier so who knows

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
In 2013 an 80 raw got a 95 and someone got a SR with 96, 2014 i know for a fact 84 raw got a SR, though 2015 not sure and this year as well was much easier so who knows
2013 paper was considered difficult and hence it scaled high. Again, 96+ is needed for SR and to get that, you probs need at least 92-93 raw (considering the difficulty of the 2016 exam).

EMKsquared

HSC
Yeah i was disappointed with the exam, should've been much more difficult. I was hoping to get a state rank but i don think so, hopefully I'll get somewhere near a 95 though

EMKsquared

HSC
Looking at the exam again i think state ranks will be 90-95, and i doubt anyone will get over 95. I think they'll mark that last question really hard to seperate students

kashkow

HSC
Man looking at the exam I might've forgotten to include double sheer into my calcs for Question 24 (d). I remember thinking about and I wrote DOUBLE SHEAR on it with a diagram, but I'm not sure if I actually included it into the calculations. Do you reckon I'll lose a mark? Probably will if it's marking like the 2015 paper marking guidelines.

Edit:

Actually I might've messed up more in that section by using A=pir^2 not 2prh (surface area of cylinder)...

But if we use 2prh what is h??

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
You over thought the question. It was single shear, and you don't use the area of a cylinder, just a circle.
The diameter is 9.4 or 9.5, can't remember exactly but we confirmed it with our teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)