Exam Timetable (1 Viewer)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
The_highwayman said:
nah, i mean where you slice the cheese and toast it under the griller until it bubbles and goes golden brown.

I'm gunna hate working tomorrow :( we're gunna have tonnes of customers. what else can you do on days like this except watch movies?
At least you had the capacity to watch movies!

We just got ours back tonight and I have been emailed by a lecturer saying that there will be "NO SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS GRANTED" [for the essay due on Tuesday] "BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS BEEN IN THE SAME SITUATION"

What a cow!! Some of the people in the course are spending the night at an evacuation centre in Maitland and don't know if they still have a home in which to write the essay! Stupid stupid uni! I hate it!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
holy shit, that's screwed up :(
i reckon you could dispute it..i mean, try to write the essay, but i reckon you could totally dispute it regardless, assholes

i did my 2000 word essay on friday with no net or power in the house (used the battery on my laptop as long as my nerves could stand it) then rang my dad on my nearly dead phone to take me to uni where there was power (i couldn't get the car out of the garage haha) only to be evacuated at 2.30 for pretty much no reason but we had power at home again so i emailed my essay when i finished at 4.30 :p i know, certainly not as bad circumstances as now, and i was lucky i had my dad, but still :D watch me fail :p

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I made my dad drive me to uni on Friday to hand assignments in... only to be turned away from the Hunter building (I begged and pleaded with the woman becuase another friend had rung that lecturer and he had said "how do I know that you're not driving in here just becuase you want a few more days to work on the assignment?") and we got a little caught on the way in and on the way out.... It was scary!!

When we got home we had no power, and we're only just getting it now.. but we have been told that we shouldn't turn everything on and that we should just conserve power because if we overload the system we will lose the power again...

So i'm doing my best to work on it at the moment, but I don't want to use the computer for too long in case we lose everything again!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i may not be able to watch movies if these flood waters keep rising.

i'll be cut off from work and power will probably be gone.

If i don't post for a couple of days, you'l know whats happened.

Luckily i don't have my first exam until thursday morning so that should give the waters *some* time to subside before i need to navigate through them.

I highly doubt that your lecturer can assume that 'everyone was in the same situation'. If i was in that course i would not have been hindered whatsoever. i've had full access to phones, power and internet the entire time (as well as access via detours to uni if i wanted)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The_highwayman said:
they're saying the flood in maitland is going to be like '55.

It's sorta scary to think something like this is happening in my lifetime :(
Maybe it's just because I'm high and dry, and I'm a selfish guy, but I find it all very exciting. I'm going to drive in tomorrow to sight-see the beached boat at Nobbys.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i've seen it..i think i've seen it when i'm coming back from somewhere, can't work out if it's syd or scone :S but i don't recognise that small sign behind it

em_516

bludging..
HSC
still, it does fit the reality perfectly :D

the sign isn't the one i was thinking of, because the sign i know has the cathedral on it too i'm pretty sure, so i dunno where that one is, but i'm sure it's on the outskirts somewhere

seeka

HSC
Hey guys, long time no speak,,,
the boat sign,,, is on the newcastle link road as your coming back from the freeway, the formule 1 is on the right and the sign on the left side of the road ;)
-em

em_516

bludging..
HSC
do you guys think it's ok if i turn around on my couch and punch the guy behind me in the back of the head?

he kept leaning back almost whacking into me and now i've just realised i KNOW him and this slut next to him keeps giggling but i know this dude has a gf *glare*

i'm getting angrrrrry :burn:

actually moreso at the girl now, her laugh is so lame :mad1:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha nah, i know him because i know his gf
he's gone now..but i should've punched him or like..flicked him at the back of his ear..so it stung..muahaha

god i hate having no net..now i have to go home and sit :(
though i have read two books, completed a mona lisa jigsaw (lawl) and tonight i think i might catch up on some movies i've been wanting to see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)