• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exam Tips for ADV English Short answers (1 Viewer)

rizzbean123

HSC
Im just asking for some advice for short answers in prelims.
my main concerns are:
- how to find techniques/Common techniques in visual and written texts.. etc
- how to come up with thesis for each question

Thanks for the help!

igor9

HSC
bro can't cope with the advice, i'll eat you up for lunch lil bro 🙏

nah but fr, honestly in my experience, comp is my best section coz its so structured. u just gotta answer the question with a succint sentence and take your stance and then try memorise the core techniques for each text type and find out when and where they show up in texts during the exam, and just focus on those techniques. sometimes they don't even care that much abt techniques just make sure your analysis links to the question and is top notch.

rizzbean123

HSC
bro can't cope with the advice, i'll eat you up for lunch lil bro 🙏

nah but fr, honestly in my experience, comp is my best section coz its so structured. u just gotta answer the question with a succint sentence and take your stance and then try memorise the core techniques for each text type and find out when and where they show up in texts during the exam, and just focus on those techniques. sometimes they don't even care that much abt techniques just make sure your analysis links to the question and is top notch.
alright easy thanks :love:

igor9

HSC
try hsc questions or ask your teacher to walk u through these techniques or whatever, and by no time u should easily be getting like 18+, because it's like the same shit repeated most of the time 😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)