exams today!! (1 Viewer)

wick3d_aussie

Just wanted to say a massive GOOD LUCK to all sitting the catholic trials today... just our luck they would make it the very last exam! anyway, just hope you all go well... and post comments on how bad it was later 2night haha.

niteshade1312

HSC
moffat said:
my class is doing a 1 hour exam, with 1 essay on our case study...is that what other ppl did?

We did that for pre- trials. How come your only doing 1 essay? How are you going to prepare for the REAL HSC, when you do have to write 2 essays? Just curious

know_it_all

i really enjoyed the source (if a source can b enjoyed!)
not saying that i did well, but i found the source to be easier to follow for once n i actually had an opinion on it lol
my case study was meh

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
The source really didn't have an opinion, so I found myself quoting Mr Macintyre out of context so as to make him seem like one of those really rigid and stuffy professor types.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I think his opinion was that the historian should strive for a balance between shaping history to shed light on the present and future (a sort of educational tool) while at the same time, upholding Rankean historical values... or something along those lines... though I agree that his opinion wasn't a very strong one, and he didn't really back it up.

Carnivour

HSC
i thought it was a very fair and balanced exam.

and the gods must have listened to all those angry stances i kept making in class about how ever single piece of history ever written is only a product of the aim of the historian. so last night, the only thing i studied for in terms of quotes etc was the aims and purposes of history because i figure all other questions they can ask i can just crap on about the puspose and BOOM its the question they ask!!! its what i call lucky.
i even did a little dance around my table....everyone probably thought i was crazy or something :p

wizard146

HSC
I actually really liked the exam, the first question was one we'd done already and the case study questions are always so vague anyway... how much did you guys write? think I got 12 pages altogether- pretty good for me!

hopey989

HSC
Well i got to 9 and i sturggled from there. i liked the first question, managaed a god seven or so pages (my writing is smallish) But the second one didnt suit my case study ata ll, i didnt even get to finish it, such was the volume of readings forced upon us by our teacher

honestly don't know how to justify so muhch reading for just one unit of work/???

So do you all think it's going to be the same difficulty in the HSC? I'd be pretty happy with that!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I think that the case-study question is a good indication, but the what is history question will be a bit harder or more difficult to grasp.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
We did that for pre- trials. How come your only doing 1 essay? How are you going to prepare for the REAL HSC, when you do have to write 2 essays? Just curious
we only have 4 ppl in our class.and 2 teachers.who teach at the same time. so yes. i'm sure we'll just have extra lessons or something to catch up....we did the same thing in the trials too...except that was about historians and this one was about our case study

iloveNIN

Mel
HSC
Alright, i didnt sit the Catholic exam, im at a public school, but i got my section 1 (historiography) back and i got 25/25! I am so happy, theres only one other person in my class besides me, so i had to spread my joy! :)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Just got my results...22/25 for historiography and 23/25 for the case study. Our teacher's a bit of a hard ass though, who hinted that in the marking centres things "differ greatly"...let's hope that's not for the worst :p

jdrockefeller

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
what was the question.. for those that did not sit it? (getsures towards self)
How freaking obvious is the question going to be, if someone has already said it was on the aims and purposes of history.

The first question is only going to be an amalgamation of:

With references to the sources and other sources and then one of the four key questions from the syallbus.

Extension History is the easiest subject to guess the nature of the question as they are always similar, year after year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)