Exams (1 Viewer)

kerodean

HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm going in for my first exam tomorrow in C5C. I'm scared of brining anything on the day as I'm aware you're not allowed a phone or any bags or anything. How safe is the "bag area" and do they allow you to bring pen's in and stuff?

I've haven't had an exam yet, so I'm a bit nervous. Thanks in advance!

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
bag in area is very secure and you can bring pencil case..ect. But must be on the floor.

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah the bag area is pretty safe, although I wouldn't want to leave something very expensive there like a laptop.

Bring the stationary that you need. As said above, generally you just put pens etc on your table and leave your pencil case on the floor.

Just make sure your phone is off and you'll be fine. :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Technically you can't but if they don't see it and it's off they'll never know. Btw don't bring a regular pencil case in, the examiners are absolute nazis and will make you get rid of it (bad personal experience). Putting all your pens and stuff in a clear plastic sleeve can be a safe option.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
^I got told off once for putting water bottle on the table, hahha.

kerodean

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I was afraid of that hah. I'm abit worried about putting my phone in my bag, but it'll probably be alright, right? It would be too obvious in my pockets hah.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The bag areas are pretty safe yes, i wouldn't worry about having it stolen.

tajid73

HSC
Thanks for your all your help guys!
try not to bring ur phone with u in the exam room. in my first semester uni, i didnt know that we actually can't bring phone in so I brought it in and put it under my seat (as what I usually did in sibt) but then I was caught and spent at least 15 minutes of my exams time to debate with the old lady who found the phone and went with her to put the phone (just the phone) in the bag area and then continue doing my exam (and couldnt really concentrate for a while bcos i was so afraid of instant failing bcos of that,fortunately she didnt write my name anywhere so everything was alright but i pretty much spent like half an hour of my exam time not doing the exam) so better just not bringing ur phone in.

kerodean

HSC
N/A
Holy crap! Yeah I certainly don't wanna risk it! I'm gonna use the bag area and pray no one snoops through my bag :hammer:

HSC
Bag area is ok and safe and it's better to leave phones in your bag in there because in middle of one of my exams, the guy stretched down to get his water bottle and he accidentally turned on the phone which was in his pocket.

Lucky he didn't get in too much trouble!

kerodean

HSC
N/A
I've just finished my exam, and at the bag area I noticed you could just leave a phone, pretty handy. I also noticed people brought their wallets in and left them on the desk, I didn't think you were allowed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)