excel novel study guides (1 Viewer)

mkomko

i have several of these study guides hoping that they would assist me in my exams and so forth. i found that some of the information is maybe somewhat brief or inaccurate. im wondering if i should actually use these as study notes or just additional material to add?

im currently doing a critical analysis of cloudstreet and i really dont want to physically sit down and analyse every single section and aspect of the book. i was thinking of maybe writing some notes and using the excel study book for other areas that im unsure on.

any suggestions?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah dont just RELY on the excel books, they're great resources but they are just basicallly summaries, so the stuff in there r pretty brief.

what i do is, i get my own notes from analysing the novel, combine them with both with my class notes as well as excel... just use at least 2 or 3 resources

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Sometimes the Excel guides can miss important features of the text (I'm thinking of either Blade Runner/BNW or Lear... but I didn't read the guides, I was told this!) so don't rely solely on its interpretation, either :)

Rahul

Dead Member
as the 2 ppl have said....use a variety of sources. this way u get diff perspectives and new and often better ideas. so yeh, use more than jus the excel books. ur own understanding of the text is more important

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)