Excel Revise in a monthers (1 Viewer)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HSC
I got my text books for next year today including all the excel HSC guides and revise in a month thingies but wherever I look I can't find excel revise in a month ancient history or economics.

Does anyone have these or know where I can get them.

Beege

HSC
are these guides any good or I should just stick to my own study notes?

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Does anyone know if the old purple coloured excel revise in a month books have changed much from the new white coloured ones?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
i like those flash cards that you get from excel books, they're good.

Sofstar

HSC
I've flicked through an excel in a month before and it was really brief. Try the Dymocks city store, they've got a whole heap of textbooks and study guides.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HSC
Revise in a month Ancient History and Revise in a month Economics are not listed on the publisher's website or in any bookstores I have been to so I am assuming they don't exist. As for the usefulness of the revise in a month books and whether or not people should get them; that is of course up to everyone individually and some may find them better than others. Personally now that I have seen them I believe that it will be of benefit to revise the material that I have spent previous time studying but as for leaving it to the last minute then using those guides probably not such a good idea. Oh and as mentioned above you can usually borrow lots of the excel books from the local library but mine offers only 1 week borrowing because of the demand.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Revise in a Month Chemistry, for what it's worth, is pretty bad. It goes into more detail than necessary for a lot of things (ethanol especially) and then doesn't give enough detail for other bits. I also thought that its revision questions didn't really test the key things you need to know, so I gave up on it after a while.

The normal Excel books are variable. Excel Advanced English (the big thick one with all three modules, not the small individual text ones) isn't very good, I thought: it doesn't really give you what you need to answer exam questions.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I found the revise in a monthers for the SC was pretty useful, dunno how good it is for the HSC

P

pLuvia

It is a bit useful for last minute cramming and revision and just checking if you've covered everything

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Lol yeah last minute cramming.
I just think Excel books in general are way too brief. Like for Chemistry, I have no idea whats going on half the time in the book. Chem Context is good, but takes the info WAY too far, and its too detailed. So much waffle.
Hrm yeah the City Dymocks has everything, have a shot xP

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
I find it so hard to find good textbooks because we only have one bookstore and all they ever stock are Excels and not all of them, so I can't really go into a books store and see what they're like.

I agree excels are very concise but much easier to lug around.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol im guessing its angus & robertson ?
i only find excels there for some reason ><"

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
you can request for textbooks @ the counter too yeah ? :p
hrmm .. i like those lil flash cards in excel =D so cool

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
You can request books at the counter if you've got the info eg title, author, ISBN but the you have to definitely buy them even if they look bad when you get them. Also you don't know how much it costs untill it comes in...bit late though.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
oh ?
cos the chick at the counter told me I could ask for it in , and just have a look thru , and i dint have to buy it.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
You must be special or have really nice bookstore clerks. :lol:
I'd sort of feel weird asking for it and getting it ordered in and then not buying it and standing in the bookstore trying to suss it out while they're looking at me. Meh.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
hahaha perhaps.
lol yeah i dont like those bookstore people who follow you around the whole store with an impression that you might stain their books or something.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Personally I don't recommend any of the Excel Revise in a Month...unless of course you have done absolutely nothing all year and have a day before your exam (in that case they about cover all that you could in a few hours).
Quoted for truth. You shouldn't even consider buying these revise in a month books unless you are in the situation described by the title. They are too brief and you have time on your hands to use for preparing your own study notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)