Excel Success One books (1 Viewer)

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
holidays are coming up and i've heard people mentioning the success one books. my mum's happy to buy them for me but i'd like to get some other input before she does. i do english, maths advanced, physics, biology and pd. should i get them for all or are some subjects more useful than others?

lilly luta

HSC
there is no Excel success one for English.... And what is pd?

ciaran5694

HSC
I can't help you, but I'm interested in getting some of the textbooks. So this is gonna make lurking easier.
@lilly pd = PDHPE (I'm assuming)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh get those past paper books. and theres other companies who publish those now as well as the success one books. ive seen these bright yellow ones for chemistry. the only difference is the people who write the sample solutions/answers.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't get anything for Maths except maybe a textbook like Cambridge. You can practice Maths with past papers and solutions can be found on the internet - that's my opinion.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
@lily wasnt sure if there was. never saw one for english but couldn't be sure xD. and PD is PDHPE. and i've heard cambridge is good for maths so might get that. thanks for the input so far :)

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
oh also what is in the books exactly? is it laid out in syllabus form? are there questions with answers provided? are there notes? thanks.

nightweaver066

HSC
oh also what is in the books exactly? is it laid out in syllabus form? are there questions with answers provided? are there notes? thanks.
You should walk in to your local book store and browse through the books looking to see which suits you.

ShayK

HSC
From my experience, I found Success One for Maths 2U pretty good with time management for each questions. I usually use 2U Fitzpatrick for studies, since the questions are more like HSC format and to some extent its harder.
And as for PDHPE, even the excel study guide was not a good help :(

Sanjeet

HSC
I honestly find them extremely helpful, the model answers are very clear and easy to follow

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
awesome :) well i think i'll be getting the bio, physics and maybe maths ones, PD doesnt really seem necessary

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
All students should have one past paper book at least. For maths you have a diverse choice. MANSW, Success One, Coroneos.

For Sciences, Success One, Odlum

ipab

HSC
Yeh I just bought three from a guy off here on the forum.
They are very good especially when it starts coming to hsc exams as they are all past papers with proper responses.
For maths i recommend excel.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Physics, Chem and Bio defs go for Odlum and Garner :)
Hmmm, for me, I got S1, but Odlum and Garner is equally good. To be honest, just get whatever's cheaper - I reckon they're all the same.

It's not the book, it's the student.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For Maths - just print off the HSCs from the BOS, and look at Terry Lee's answers. :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
For Maths - just print off the HSCs from the BOS, and look at Terry Lee's answers. :)
This is okay from ~ 2004 until now, but he doesn't have solutions for anything beforehand.

I suggest you get the MANSW ones (I prefer it over Success One) and for earlier years, the Coroneos ones.

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
speaking of success one,

I ordered it from a bookshop at the beginning of term four, and it hasn't come yet.

Legit, i'm going to call and rage at them. I don't care if they call my school up and tell them i'm rude (we order through the school), because i'm so frustrated right now. I warned my parents in advance they might get the call, and they laughed at me.

Oh well. Better come this week, or they're in trouble.

/agressive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)