Excel Text for Software Design and Development any Good? (1 Viewer)

dv3

HSC
I was just wodering is the "Excel Text Book" for software design and development any good?

crammy90

HSC
dv3 said:
I was just wodering is the "Excel Text Book" for software design and development any good?
your gonna do all the subjects i did this year
except i did chemistry n ur doing economics nice
i used the excell this year cuz i hired it from my school. i think it really helped me
upto you

Rampager

HSC
The Excel book is awesome, it's brief yet detailed enough that you can pretty much read the whole thing in about 2-3 hours, rock up to school the next day and not have to pay attention ever again.

Atleast thats what I did. You might want to pay attention when you hit the Software's Developer's View of the Hardware, that requires some pretty thorough attention to detail.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Lmao @ Rampager. I doubt that it's that easy.

Excel is very brief indeed, but very good. You should use it in combination with some other books since you can overlap on the briefness of Excel. Samuel Davis is a pretty good book.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
If you've got a bit of common sense about software and can already kind of talk about some of the issues like piracy, viruses, etc - then the Excel book is all you need.

it's the only book i used and i did alright in the hsc (2006) - it's written really clearly without the waffle that the others use

when you go through it, you realise how repetitive the software course is, and that you can pretty much study for the exam the day before.

the most important thing with sdd is learning all the terminology that they use and then being able to throw it into your exam responses (even if the question didn't specifically ask for it)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I've got a copy of the book. I've only read it to do the major project.

But I'm gonna read the whole thing again before the exam. Plus the study cards at the back look interesting to read....it should help us out!

rellenayyy

HSC
i've got the excel sdd book. in conjuction with my teacher's notes it was pretty fab. however it can't teach you to not miss a page in the hsc paper. *anger at my stupid self*

regardless, it's up for salee ! i took out the study cards at the back which are srsly amazing. but i still have them intact etc. so yeah. rrp is $31.95. you can get it off me for.. 20 bucks ? i only used it the day before the hsc so new as.

spoonbender

HSC
I used the excel book the night before my exam and it absolutely saved me! Granted, I forgot that I had it until like 10 pm so I still did crappily in my test but the book is excellent.

Currybear

HSC
Does anyone know where i can buy the excel book, apparently the stopped making them in 2001...?

AustinIan

HSC
Appreciate for sharing reliable information ..Thanks again Cool

CloudDeter

HSC
Try looking at your local library. I know mine has the Excel book for S.D.D., it's based on the older syllabus but most content is relevant.

ddjason3

HSC
hi, are you here, because i want to buy the sdd excel book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)