• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Excel updates study guides too quickly (1 Viewer)

some one body

HSC
i dont know if another thread like this, this is why i'm starting this

i bought some excel study guides at the beginning of year 12, thats 4th term 2009, and i've recently found out that they(pascal press) have updated them

im really annoyed, because i bought mine thinking that they were the latest ones and i got told by the shop lady that they were and there weren't going to be updated any time soon, also i spent a lot of money on them

any one else have the same problem?

anyone have a solution?

Loneliness is

aint nothing glamorous in what you conceal, even w
HSC
N/A

i bought some excel study guides at the beginning of year 12, thats 4th term 2009, and i've recently found out that they(pascal press) have updated them

im really annoyed, because i bought mine thinking that they were the latest ones and i got told by the shop lady that they were and there weren't going to be updated any time soon, also i spent a lot of money on them

anyone have a solution?
wah

muzeikchun852

HSC

anyone have a solution?
Me too. But this problem only bugs me if whole topics of particular subjects are removed or significantly altered.

check the syllabus to see the changes made to the hsc courses.

which subject did u two brought?

twistedrebel

HSC
Every year at the beginning they release a the newer version or late late 2009. Oh well, not much you can do i guess.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Excel's gay except for the sciences imo.

I have a copy of one of the first Excel 4U Maths from my brother. My friend has the latest Excel Mathematics Extension 2 book and there is no noticeable change in the information (even the ugly font is the same). On the other hand, Physics, Chemistry and Biology had a dramatic makeover from the 2009 edition to the edition before that.. but I think the content's still the same.

I wouldn't worry too much about the update :)

lubeet520

HSC
Excel is terrible for maths and sciences

Don't have experience for other subjects but they just seem to have a dismal reputation for being too superficial / simple / not enough depth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)