EXCHANGE! 2007 anyone thinking about it? (1 Viewer)

sunnybuns

HSC
buddys said:
not 2007, but im hoping to go to Canada for our first semester 2008

:D

not as adventurous as mexico, but itll be their winter, and i wouldnt mind living in the snow for a few months
the novelty of snow wears off pretty quick..in -10 degree weather

buddys

HSC
sunnybuns said:
yeah i guess it would

but it will be an experience :D

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
sunnybuns said:
in Ottawa it got down to -33 and apparently it wasnt a very cold winter! haha

buddys

HSC
great ... hopefully it doesnt take too long to adapt to the cold :(

i still think it would be great - it will make me appreciate our winters here :D

buddys

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
i'll get $3000 in youth allowance whilst over there (for a semester + a month travelling afterwards), plus $5000 in OSHELP from the govt, so already i have $8000 available, and there are $1000 scholarships and $4000 UMAP grants available too, plus whatever savings i have, so its financially very possible to do. i cant wait
what OSHELP???

buddys

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
$5000 per semester loan from the government, paid back the same way as hecs-help

you pay back $6000 though, but dont have to pay it back until you earn that income amount, and yeah thats pretty much os help in a nutshell
ok thanks :D

polskatrucizna1

HSC
Hey,

I'm going to Poland for one year. It's not that cheaper living over there but the History of the place is amazing. Mexico would be really cool too. You will enjoy it...You would have to work ery hard not to enjoy it. But why Mexico, Why not somewhere like Peru, or Brazil...? If I was going to South America I would go to Equador or Peru!!

KI. Galczynski

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
polskatrucizna1 said:
Hey,

I'm going to Poland for one year. It's not that cheaper living over there but the History of the place is amazing. Mexico would be really cool too. You will enjoy it...You would have to work ery hard not to enjoy it. But why Mexico, Why not somewhere like Peru, or Brazil...? If I was going to South America I would go to Equador or Peru!!

KI. Galczynski
Coz mexico is sexy lol

nah i'm mainly going because Tec De Monterrey teaches in English plus the macq grant and the UMAP grant together is 8k!!

I've got 4k saved up so thats 12k... and I think i can save another 3k before the end of the year so I'll have 15k for about 8 months.

HSC
yeah if you want to go to mexico, monterrey's probably the best place to go .. it's supposed to be one of the more like, advanced (haha totally not the right word) cities in mexico and its pretty close to texas too i think.

Skeeta

HSC
Its not *exactly* exchange, but we have to do a series of clinical placements for our course. Its 400 hours or something.

Theres a placement in India in a cerebral palsy clinic over there. I'm seriously considering going because it will be so different to what i've experienced over here. i think employers might like it too.

Its at the end of next year, its for about three or four weeks. We stay in the clinic so we dont have to pay much for accomodation but yeah i dont know :(

shiryu

HSC
Next year I am going to Sydney on Exchange :p I am from Spain, if anyone wants to go there or any advice just tell me :p

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Yup i'm going on exchange.

I gotta go to exchange anyway. It's an integral part of my degree. If i don't i don't graduate.

Thinking of Uni of Amsterdam.

MikiRei

HSC
Maaaan - I wanna go exchange too but it's so hard to find courses in Japanese universities (yeah, I'd like to go to Japan) that fits with my degree (Seng) and then there's of course my parents whinging about not having enuff money - and then if I wanna go work and save money, they block me from doing so :(

phrred

HSC
I want to go to National University of Singapore maybe for commerce. does anyone know if its any good? i know their grad business school is one of the best in asia pac. Does anyone know what WAM id need to get in?

Also if i were to do accounting and fullfil my CA/CPA requirements, would CA/CPA accept a subsitituted required course from NUS instead of UNSW? im guessing its ok because of GAAP, but not really sure.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
phrred said:
I want to go to National University of Singapore maybe for commerce. does anyone know if its any good? i know their grad business school is one of the best in asia pac. Does anyone know what WAM id need to get in?

Also if i were to do accounting and fullfil my CA/CPA requirements, would CA/CPA accept a subsitituted required course from NUS instead of UNSW? im guessing its ok because of GAAP, but not really sure.

What makes it the best though? Does it really matter if you're really just going to stay there for a semester or two? Ok, you shouldn't go to some crap uni either but come on. As if you're going to go there just to study.

I'm thinking of NTU Tawain coz of the scholarship factor.
Initially, some friend thought maybe some where in mainland, but not sure if I can stand those mainlanders - communists.

Now the important thing I want to ask you people is this. Since I want to sharpen my mandarin and writing especially not that it's my major or anything. Should I consider learning traditional characters or simple characters. Since Taiwan still uses traditional characters. So is it going to be easy to apply traditional texts when readin and/or attempting to write simple texts. Let me know from your experiences. Thanks.

phrred

HSC
T-mac01 said:
I'm thinking of NTU Tawain coz of the scholarship factor.
Initially, some friend thought maybe some where in mainland, but not sure if I can stand those mainlanders - communists.

Now the important thing I want to ask you people is this. Since I want to sharpen my mandarin and writing especially not that it's my major or anything. Should I consider learning traditional characters or simple characters. Since Taiwan still uses traditional characters. So is it going to be easy to apply traditional texts when readin and/or attempting to write simple texts. Let me know from your experiences. Thanks.
NTU is really good, id definitely recommend it out of the taiwanese unis

have u looked at beijing, fudan, tsinghua in China?
Im learning Chinese at UNSW. my mum from taiwan can very easily read the simplified texts but its hard for people learning simpified to read traditional

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)