exchange to japan (1 Viewer)

Hikari Clover

HSC
hi im actually applying to go on exchange, but it seems a bit difficult to get information from their uni's webpage
my first 2 preferences would be Kyoto and Nagoya university, i might end up with doing some language and culture courses there, but how do i find the course list online and what is available for exchange student?

Home — Kyoto University
Nagoya University

any past experience and advice would be appreciated:karate:

X

xeuyrawp

You need to talk with your home uni, really, not the one you'll be exchanging to.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Hmm, I'm not at Kyoto or Nagoya... but when I was "researching" for my uni, their website didn't help at all as they didn't have ANY information on the subjects available to exchange students. What I did was just took the booklet from the university and just picked random subjects that SOUNDED like they'd transfer...

I told the professors at my home university that I couldn't get my hands on more information... and that was the best I could do, and then I told them about the meeting hours of each class etc. and showed them how it'd add up... I ended up with more than enough subjects approved.

The thing is however, it doesn't matter what subjects you've gotten approved before your exchange. Just get SOMETHING approved (of course as much as you can, be relevant to your major/s) because the chances are, there WILL be changes, either because the classes are no longer offered at the university starting your semester or you just don't like the class and think another class will benefit you more. By which time, you would have gotten more information about each of these courses and can then again (by email) get these subjects approved again.

Oh and for Kyoto university, don't worry about the lack of information... from my friends who are on exchange at Kyo-dai, they get a thick thick THICK book on all the subjects offered with details of each...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)