Exchange... (1 Viewer)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
oh ok i get it now lol...

Yeh actually it'd be convenient/economical for me to go on exchange in Canada (well at UBC neway). My aunt lives lyk 5mins walk away from a bus stop where i can catch UBC-bound buses.

But in the end Canada & Aust r pretty similar countries, so i want to go somewhere different...

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Hey so will u be stayin w/ ur relos in Ottawa? That'll save u a bit of dosh... :cool:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
jlh said:
i only choose to do 4.. i might drop it down to 3...
u like dropping units!!! LOL

was it hard finding units that we like the same as the ones u would b doing at MQ??? (if that makes sense ...)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
LOL i will only consider dropping units so i can do more sightseeing and enjoy the country.. i don't wanna be couped up in a room studing all day!

and it wasnt hard finding equivalent econ units. the econ exemptions officer was pretty lenient and approved all the subjects i wanted. he said they rarely have any matches and that its ok, under my degree anyways. some departments might be much more stricter though....

and no i won't be staying with relo's in canada. i wanna live on campus!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, to bring back this long-for-dead thread:

Currently looking at going to exchange for half/maybe full year, to a Japanese Uni (at this stage probably half).

Thats the easy part.

The hard part is this:

I'll be in my final year for my degree, now finishing late isnt too bad for me, actually it'd be nice to be able to do more music before i finish.
I also want to do a BA-DipEd straight after the degree, and from what I hear I might have to do an extra 2-3 years on top of this.
Further, I'll probably look at doing an Honours with Media if I can kick my GPA up high enough.

Now is there inherently anything wrong with wanting to go on exchange next year , coming back and probably doing 1 core for the year, and completing the others the next year, since I'll probably be around uni for a while yet.

Another thing is, how hard is it to get subjects approved, because most of the Japanese unis don't exactly have a 'media' sector, the only one with one is the Ritsumeikan one, and unfortunately, I'm going over to see some friends who are in Hisai (near Nagoya). There is a Nagoya uni available, but I'm unsure as to whether they'll approve them as electives since I've already filled my quota for electives.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
What are the real costs of going on exchange?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They said to budget for $1400 a month, but depending on which uni I end up going to, it may fluctuate (closer to tokyo being more expensive)

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AsyLum said:
They said to budget for $1400 a week, but depending on which uni I end up going to, it may fluctuate (closer to tokyo being more expensive)
Is that specific to your one? I was after a more general idea.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thats what they said on the site :)

Living expenses

You should budget approximately $1400 per month for living costs while on exchange. Consult a Currency converter.

Costs you are required to pay:

* airfare
* living expenses such as housing and meals
* insurance
* travel
* textbooks
* any additional activities fees (i.e. science lab costs, class field trips)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I was interested in doing a semester in England, I was researching it all, but once I figured out just how much it was gonna cost, I kinda gave up. I'm getting over my disappointment by buying an MP3 player this week.
But I figure I'll teach in Britan for a few years once I finish, they love Aussies over there.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Anyone know if you can go on exchange during Graduate studies ?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh awesome, thanks for that :)

Might go to europe during post-grad or perhaps go back to japan haha :)

HSC
i want to do a 1 year exchange when i go to mac :D
it sound so exciting!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
what's the minimum/maximum(a semester, a whole year?) time you can spend overseas?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
They range from short courses of 2/4/6 weeks to whole year.

taki999

HSC
how would going to o/s as an exchnage differ to doing international studies on the last year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)