Exchange... (1 Viewer)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
jlh said:
i applied for:
uni british columbia - you need at least a 3.0 to be considered, which i don't have...
uni calgary
carleton uni

don't know which one i've been accepted into yet, i find out on monday! :S
Well if u get accepted into UBC, Vancouver's a pretty nice city to live in, actually its not too different from Sydney....

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
vancouver is pricy.. my cousin lives there...

and thats why you wanna go to canada.. because its cold.. their winter starts mid november.. can't wait...

i'll bring you people back some snow.. in jars of course.. and get this, you can even keep the jars...

but yeah, i'm not sure if i'm 100% going.. i mean i got approved and all, but i don't really want to go to carleton...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Whats not to like?!?! Hot canadian chics, in snow who want to get comfy and warm and share their bodyheat with you ;)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
kool...congrats greggy~~ but how bout the accomodation and rest? do u have to book in advance? u gonna stay there for 1 semester? wow~

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Im on exchange right now. Great experience, highly recommended to everyone out there. Macquarie are also encouraging more people to go and this year they plan to have at least 30% more students to go on exchange than last year, which means of course, more places for you guys.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
jlh said:
but yeah, i'm not sure if i'm 100% going.. i mean i got approved and all, but i don't really want to go to carleton...
:vcross: :mad: all this hype and not even goin! u better accept ur offer greggy !!!! .....(or perhaps keep the scholarship moneyz)

*remembers the time when greg said the same when i got my offa to unsw* :p

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
your on exchange right now orangeguy? where at?

as for the accomodation, its up to you where you want to live, either on campus which is the easiest option to organise (but costs more) or off campus which you have to organise yourself, with help from the host university of course (and its cheaper).

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
'member greg, u can finally wear ur BOS.ORG t shirt at carleton,,,, to recruit some canadian forum members... wohooo =p

RIZAL

HSC
i was thinking of going on exchange too...but I'm not too excited about Macquarie's partner universities.

Is there any way that I can exchange with a non-partner university and still get credit for subjects taken?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
So jlh when r u going over to Canada?

And how long u planning to go for, 1 or 2 sem?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
going over for semester 2 of this year..
which means i will be in their semester 1.. during september to december.

only going for 1 semester.. and if i like it i'll extend it...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Hey u kno for Section E on the exchange application form, did u fill in all the subjects for ur proposed study plan?

Cos i was browsing thru some of the Japanese unis' sites that i'm interested in going to & lyk i cant find where all that subject stuff is, or maybe my Jap isnt good enuf to be able to read it :rolleyes:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes i fill in section e of the application form. its a must. it's meant to show that you've actually looked into what your considering doing over there. dont' worry, it won't actually mean that those are the specific units you will be doing because later on if you get accepted, you will need to fill out another form with the units you are intending to do. so for now, all you need to do is just list the units you want to do, dont worry about pre-requisites or when the unit is offered.

which japanese uni's are you considering? i can help you browse the uni sites if you want.. pm me.........

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey is it too late to join? i want to go during the christmas holidays

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
jlh said:
which japanese uni's are you considering? i can help you browse the uni sites if you want.. pm me.........
PMed u the info....thx for ur offer :)

So when ur at Carleton, r u doing subjects that will count to ur MQ degree or choosing unrelated units just out of interest??

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
all my units count towards my degree...
i went to speak to the econ exemptions officer on thursday.. he basically approved all the units i wanted to get credit for. basically you have to make a list of units which you want to get credit for. those units can be similar to the ones we have at mq or they can be totally unrelated. the econ exemptions officer was pretty lenient and approved my 10 subjects....

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeh its definitely much easier for u doin exchange in Canada with regards to subjects, no language barrier....

So ur doin 10 subjects? Thats overloading a bit isnt it? I was talkin to some1 at that exchange expo last mth & she said its best to do the min. number of units required to be considered a full time student, ie. 3, so u hav more free time to do other stuf... :cool:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
no not 10.. hahaha.. as if..
i only choose to do 4.. i might drop it down to 3...

but i got exemptions for 10 subjects, just incase they decide to cancel one of the units i want to do. it saves me having to be in limbo for a while sending emails back and forth trying to get my degree and subjects sorted when i'm over there.

yeah i picked canada cuz they speak english.. the currently is almost the same, and i have relo's there!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)