Excluded from MATH1131 (1 Viewer)

notaphysicist

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing MATH1011.

I'm trying to enroll online in MATH1131 for semester two. But the site tells me I'm "excluded" from enrolling in MATH1131. A quick check in the handbook under MATH1131 says:

Excluded: ECON1202, ECON2291, MATH1011, MATH1031, MATH1141, MATH1151

A check in the glossary says:

Exclusion
Exclusions are courses students are excluded from taking, generally because they have content in common with courses for which the student has previously been granted credit.

I know I should be able to carry on to MATH1131 from MATH1011. But why can't I enroll? Do I have to wait before my results are in for MATH1011?

Anyone having the same problem?

I've successfully enrolled in another unit so I know its a problem with that unit only.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
this is going to sound painfully obvious, but have you spoken to the school of maths? Theres a lady called Neffy who runs the first year office on level 3 of the red centre, and is in during the morning and early afternoon every weekday. Your best bet of getting a solid answer would be from her.

proringz

HSC
I'm currently doing MATH1011.

I'm trying to enroll online in MATH1131 for semester two. But the site tells me I'm "excluded" from enrolling in MATH1131. A quick check in the handbook under MATH1131 says:

Excluded: ECON1202, ECON2291, MATH1011, MATH1031, MATH1141, MATH1151

A check in the glossary says:

Exclusion
Exclusions are courses students are excluded from taking, generally because they have content in common with courses for which the student has previously been granted credit.

I know I should be able to carry on to MATH1131 from MATH1011. But why can't I enroll? Do I have to wait before my results are in for MATH1011?

Anyone having the same problem?

I've successfully enrolled in another unit so I know its a problem with that unit only.
Well, it tells you right there. If a course is excluded from another, then you don't do them both - only one or the other. Since you're currently doing 1011, then you're excluded from 1131 and you can't do it or there's no point of doing it.

notaphysicist

HSC
N/A
this is going to sound painfully obvious,
... yes I know but I didn't know where to start. The maths office would be a good place, so thanks.

As for being excluded, as far as I know, MATH1011 is a well trodden path onto MATH1131, so I don't know why the exclusion is in place. But I know for sure I should be able to do it. I doubt 1011 will count towards the degree, but that's not the point.

lizey

HSC
Yeah, I checked the handbook and you are told you can go from 1011 to 1131 - but in the same breath they say you can't. Judging from the exclusions thing, you cannot enroll in 1131 yourself, but you can probably go to the school office, explain, and then they enroll you. Bit like when you have clashing courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)