• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

exclusive universities (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
I have no problem doing a Bachelor of Arts (Communication-Journalism) at CSU. I would rather do it here than doing communications at USyd.
Is this for all courses or just communications?

Matt Samson

HSC
ari89 said:
Is this for all courses or just communications?
CSU has some really good courses, such as pharmacy and psychology. Soon they'll have a dentistry programme. That cant be judged yet because they only just got the $60 million from the Federal Government last year for it. So they need to build stuff.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Matt Samson said:
CSU has some really good courses, such as pharmacy and psychology. Soon they'll have a dentistry programme. That cant be judged yet because they only just got the $60 million from the Federal Government last year for it. So they need to build stuff.
You all obviously haven't been to uni for long enough if you haven't received the message:

It doesn't matter which university you go to, they're all equally shit, and will all make your lives a living hell. You'll all be glad to graduate and get the fuck out.

Elitism about university is unfounded.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
poloktim said:
You all obviously haven't been to uni for long enough if you haven't received the message:

It doesn't matter which university you go to, they're all equally shit, and will all make your lives a living hell. You'll all be glad to graduate and get the fuck out.

Very tru, ive done my first year and its crap. i guess it depends what course you maybe arts or commerce is fun?

Matt Samson

HSC
poloktim said:

Oh I have been to university for quite a while.

I am happy going to a non Go8 university, you can tell by my message.

My thread was pointed toward people who think they're better for going to a Go8 university.

But in saying that, some courses at some universities are a lot better than others. Compare communications at UTS and CSU with the so called equivalent courses at Macquarie, uSyd & UNSW. There isn't any comparison really.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Matt Samson said:

My thread was pointed toward people who think they're better for going to a Go8 university.

But in saying that, some courses at some universities are a lot better than others. Compare communications at UTS and CSU with the so called equivalent courses at Macquarie, uSyd & UNSW. There isn't any comparison really.
Elitism. Because some things are just elite.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
poloktim said:

Listen to this man.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Matt Samson said:
I have never met a single person at usyd who actually believes they are 'better' for going there. Some people talk about the aesthetics of it and the quality of the staff and so on being better than other unis, but it doesn't equate to them thinking they are actually better people than people who go elsewhere. i think this is just in your head and you've got major inferiority-complex issues about it.

Matt Samson

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I have never met a single person at usyd who actually believes they are 'better' for going there.
Oh I have, I have even spoken to people who attend those universities that say that other universities shouldn't even be universities.

i think this is just in your head and you've got major inferiority-complex issues about it.
As I have said, I have no issue going to my university, because I can go a lot further in my career because of it, specifically because of its reputation in the field.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
What I meant was- would you take a commerce or law or engineering etc course at USYD/UNSW over CSU or is your preference just for communication at CSU over other unis?

Matt Samson

HSC
ari89 said:
What I meant was- would you take a commerce or law or engineering etc course at USYD/UNSW over CSU or is your preference just for communication at CSU over other unis?
CSU Doesn't do engineering or Law so theres no comparison.

And yes I would do a Business course at CSU over uSyd or UNSW, because I find uSyd and UNSW focus way to much on "theory". The fact is, theory will only get you so far in this world.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Matt Samson said:
The fact is, theory will only get you so far in this world.
You the type who plans to sleep their way to the top eh?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Matt Samson said:
As I have said, I have no issue going to my university, because I can go a lot further in my career because of it, specifically because of its reputation in the field.

Oh ok. So what's this thread about again?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yes. I too would chose CSU over Oxford to study the "degree" of "journalism".

Last edited:

Conspirocy

HSC
Matt Samson said:
CSU Doesn't do engineering or Law so theres no comparison.

And yes I would do a Business course at CSU over uSyd or UNSW, because I find uSyd and UNSW focus way to much on "theory". The fact is, theory will only get you so far in this world.
You sound so qualified in business to assess the courses at these three uni’s based on their content, especially with all your experience taking business courses at CSU, UNSW and USYD.

xoa

HSC
Australia has exclusive univeristies?

Is Harvard and Yale running some secret local campuses?

Evilo

HSC
This thread is gay

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Matt Samson said:
HSC: 2005?
I call bullshit at the quite a while call.

I can you're happy enough to act like an elitist cunt towards those who do. :(

As opposed to those who think they're better for going to a regional university? I went to a "regional" university, I overloaded almost every semester I was there.

People do what they want, where they want or where they can. No amount of your arrogant cuntface bitching will change that. I chose my university because of proximity - this could be a contributing factor in the majority of people who live in Sydney and who choose to apply to a sandstone university.

Honestly stop trying to big-note yourself.

Elitism at university is unfounded.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
so the OP got around 49 for his UAI and is now making excuses for his failure by discrediting others? Nice.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Evilo

HSC
Matt Samson said:
Good for you, k thx bi.

Matt Samson said:
Well it seems you've been torn to shreds online. Your thread has backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)