Existentialism (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Hey everyone.... a new history extension poster here!

Raven's thread prompted a question about my own history extension project which I was wondering if any of you could help with.

Basically, the area I have selected to analyse in it's broadest sense is 'Existentialism' and I began with some readings of Sartre. However, there are way too many books on this very broad topic and furthermore, Existentialism is a very controversial concept whereby many 'existentialists' class themselves under different branches.

I really want to look at the disparaties between existentialists over certain issues that they disagree on and divide them into diff schools to show historiography, which teachers apparently seem to love.

Could anyone suggest good texts which discuss different existentialists and their views or suggest any existentialists that are really interesting? And also, does anyone think another area of existentialism would be more interesting to research?

Let me know your thoughts!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i wish i could help, but i dont really know much about it...

but it sounds really interesting though! existentialism is always something i have been interested in researching, but i just never got around to it...

malayz_angel

Existentialism? Gee... I'd love to help but apparently there are some things that our teacher has neglected to teach us...(who am I kidding... a lot)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
*wanders into the history extension forum--hehe i don't even do history

existentialism.. thinks about english... comes up with the name tom stoppard

pranks85

Same....existentialism to me will always mean Ros & Guil.

Have you tried Nietzshce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)