expensive? (1 Viewer)

rolror88

HSC
N/A
supercalamari said:
I don't understand why people get tutors unless they're failing drastically... hope I never need one
I'm not failing drastically, but the teachers at my school are hopeless. I've got 1 good teacher, and for the rest of the subjects I just self-teach. I find that a tutor can help me find and fix holes in my english skills, say de-constructing a piece of text.. giving guidance.

HSC
lyounamu said:
Some people feel the need to go beyond being academically normal.
yeah..i dont want to be average in my cohort..i wanna be near the top so i go tutoring to help me..

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
lyounamu said:
Some people feel the need to go beyond being academically normal.
I know, but I guess I have been lucky so far and have been able to do amazingly well without tutoring. Hope it continues, to be honest.

HSC
supercalamari said:
I know, but I guess I have been lucky so far and have been able to do amazingly well without tutoring. Hope it continues, to be honest.
is this at a selective school ?

its saving you alot of money too

ttrinix

HSC
its amazing to that so many ppl are beginning to start tutoring at our school, its like i'm missing out on something...but i doubt thats the case

smushieex

HSC
Pre uni's relatively cheap compared to other tutoring colleges.

I go to discovery and MX1 is $990 per term. 3 Hours a week.
Physics is $495 per term. 1.5 hrs a week.
Adv english is $495 per term, 1.5 hrs a week.

benjihua93

HSC
is matrix actually ranked as the best coaching centre
is there like some list that shows that

rolror88

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
It really depends on how well it works for you as each coaching centre has its own way of teaching - one which might suit you but not another student. So if there was some list that showed us which one was better, I would think it would have to be biased as one thing does not work for everyone.
I agree. Even though you may go to a "good" coaching centre, its pointless unless you put the hard yards and effort to get the UAI you deserve. Along with your money, it is just more advertising for them, particularly if you get a high UAI.

benjihua93

HSC
my tutoring for ex1 maths is 250 a term and the guy is really good all his students for ex1 get 90 + in hsc. English is 250 Miss Diab is really good and the physics and chem teacher charges 500 for a term and his classes are really really really really good because he explains in great detail he has a good reputation as a tutor being in the business for 16 years

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
is this at a selective school ?

its saving you alot of money too
Yeah, it is.

I've decided to give it a hell of a good shot before I consider getting any tutoring at all next year.

ttrinix

HSC
in4sauntd said:
Talent 100 is by far the cheapest. It shits on matrix :)
do u go to talent 100, is it any good and what are the fees?

HSC
supercalamari said:
Yeah, it is.

I've decided to give it a hell of a good shot before I consider getting any tutoring at all next year.
Yeah, I agree- unless you are practically failing or have super crap teachers where you learn nothing, I don't really see the point. I know for a lot of people it's good because you learn discipline and how to study effectively and things like that.

I guess I'm lucky that my teachers actually teach us and hold after school sessions for SC help, and i do fairly well.

But yeah, come next year I'd rather try to decipher the content myself before requiring exterior help.

But if tutoring works for you, then i think it's helpful.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
maxxxy said:
So many people go matrix, I enrolled for physics and MX1, the accelerated :S Should of just chose the MX1 course, cos I think the class would be too ahead.
I could be wrong, but I remember that the acc. class is graded, like they've already sat tests for it and the class has already been determined (that's what my friend said and he missed out on the acc. class by 1 rank)

HSC
why choose mx1 accelerated anyway? the normal course is already ahead by like 1-3terms depending on each school..

did u guys sit a year 10 into year 11 test ?

the one out of 68 ?

Aznmichael92

HSC
i heard there is like a scholarship for matrix students. You apply on some form and you can get free lessons for one year, however i think there is only 1 or 2 positions available. This is what my friend told me. She goes to it infact her sister as well. Bloody twins :D

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
i heard there is like a scholarship for matrix students. You apply on some form and you can get free lessons for one year, however i think there is only 1 or 2 positions available. This is what my friend told me. She goes to it infact her sister as well. Bloody twins :D
yeah..i did that

passed first round
failed in the exam

and the maths exam was just unfair

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)