Experience of private math teacher and cost (1 Viewer)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
S ay if it was someone who teaches math at uni, how many years of teaching and experience should a math teacher have if they are charging $45 an hour?

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
honsaw said:
How many years of teaching and experience should a math teacher have if they are charging $45 an hour?
Um, we cannot concretely say how much experience is needed. Maybe 5+ years of experience would be the minimum? But it depends on their teaching method, your own improvement and etc.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
honsaw said:
S ay if it was someone who teaches math at uni, how many years of teaching and experience should a math teacher have if they are charging $45 an hour?
That's actually quiete an awful lot, even worse then english tutoring rates, no matter the experience.
My advice is to look elsewhere since maths is in surplus and there are very decent qualified private tutors that are charging affordable rates.
You should not be paying that rate especially during the HSC imo

dp624

HSC
I'd always charge a max of 30 per hour for 1on1. no matter the experience.
look, if you ask for 45 ph then don't you think you're cheating them of their money? like they're giving up several thousand a year (maybe) and there's only so much a tutor can do

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i agree with dp

45ph is too much, despite being a uni lecturer - i would say 35 is the upper upper limit that u shoudl look for (although i know 08er's charging 35 for subjects like PDHPE now, which i find ridiculous, so in that context, 45 is not too much for a uni lecturer in maths)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
i agree with dp

45ph is too much, despite being a uni lecturer - i would say 35 is the upper upper limit that u shoudl look for (although i know 08er's charging 35 for subjects like PDHPE now, which i find ridiculous, so in that context, 45 is not too much for a uni lecturer in maths)
^Agreed. But that's not the reality for many people. 80% of my friends at school get charged more than 50 dollars per hour. That's just ridiculous.

BTW, the clock on BOS is epic.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys i think i'm better off finding another tutor..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)