Experienced & Affordable ENG ADV (96) tutoring | Attached is my technique list (2 Viewers)

roy23

HSC
N/A
Anyone looking for a English tutor, I definitely recommend Roy, he's very experienced and willing to go beyond to help you no matter what. I can vouch for his help because he helped me practice multiple times for Paper 1 and I nailed it in the trials and got 15/15 for Discovery essay which he helped me compose. There were timing issues once or twice but he made sure he made them up by staying back! He's always willing to help and asking him questions have been so easy because he's easily approachable. Definitely recommend, really worth it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
This guy really knows his stuff, he is knowledgable in all prescribed texts and with his help you are guaranteed really good marks. Without him I would not have been able to get such a high rank in English, from rank 30 in yr 11 to rank 2 in yr 12. Would definitely recommend!
He really knows the HSC texts and syllabus and is willing to go beyond to help you no matter what. Geninuely tries his best to ensure that his students achieve the best marks. aided me greatly in improving the quality of essays. Would definitely reccommend
Aparajitt is an extremely knowledgeable tutor whose expertise is evident in his teaching. He's helped me to consistently rank in the top 5 of my school for advanced and has definitely improved my marks since year 11. He's very accommodating with changing lesson times or venues and I would highly recommend him as a tutor!
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you all did well in English and I wish you the best of luck for future exams.

mokoko

HSC
Highly recommend this guy for english tutoring!! He has provided extensive knowledge on prescribed and related texts, improved the quality of my essays and creative through detailed feedback and explained detailed ways of molding essays into a variety of essay questions. His way of explaining concepts and techniques in a clear and logical way greatly improved my understanding of the texts, making it much easier to write and adapt my essays.

roy23

HSC
N/A
Highly recommend this guy for english tutoring!! He has provided extensive knowledge on prescribed and related texts, improved the quality of my essays and creative through detailed feedback and explained detailed ways of molding essays into a variety of essay questions. His way of explaining concepts and techniques in a clear and logical way greatly improved my understanding of the texts, making it much easier to write and adapt my essays.
Thanks Si. I'm pleased that you found tutoring to be of a high standard. Hope your exams have been going well and I hope you get into the course of your desire.

firewell56

HSC
N/A
A great tutor helped me tremendously throughout year 11 and 12 and I received great marks due to his patients and help. Would highly recommend.

~ Bishoy

roy23

HSC
N/A
A great tutor helped me tremendously throughout year 11 and 12 and I received great marks due to his patients and help. Would highly recommend.

~ Bishoy
I don't have any patients but all jokes aside I'm happy you found tutoring to be helpful. Wish you the best with uni work.

Iced Volvo

HSC
Highly recommend Roy for English tutoring, especially as the english syllabus has been changed. He has an immeasurable knowledge of prescribed and related texts. There was 1 text he was not very familiar with but he still helped me with my essays and how to word particular phases. He gave detailed feedback on how to improve my essays and creatives but also asked many questions in order to make you understand the texts and the analysis better. Although there were many misunderstandings and some lessons were cancelled, he would always have the lesson asap, and if you were unavailable in real life, he was able to do Skype lessons which i found very helpful during trial and HSC periods, or if i just needed someone to check my writing. I wouldn't have been able to do as well in English as I did without his help! :D

roy23

HSC
N/A
Highly recommend Roy for English tutoring, especially as the english syllabus has been changed. He has an immeasurable knowledge of prescribed and related texts. There was 1 text he was not very familiar with but he still helped me with my essays and how to word particular phases. He gave detailed feedback on how to improve my essays and creatives but also asked many questions in order to make you understand the texts and the analysis better. Although there were many misunderstandings and some lessons were cancelled, he would always have the lesson asap, and if you were unavailable in real life, he was able to do Skype lessons which i found very helpful during trial and HSC periods, or if i just needed someone to check my writing. I wouldn't have been able to do as well in English as I did without his help! :D
Thanks Li, enjoy the long holidays and good luck with uni

roy23

HSC
N/A
Do you still provide HSC English tutoring services, I am in yr 10 currently and I am trying to find a good and reliable private tutor for english.. could you please provide details on your service (price, location, duration).. cheers!
Yes, I do still provide English tuition. I tried to PM you but I think your account settings prevent me from being able to do so. Perhaps try emailing me on a.roy.93@hotmail.com or you can call me on 0431716069 and I'll be happy to offer details and answer more questions that might come up along the way.

h120812

HSC
So I just did the HSC this year and did surprisingly well, getting a 95 in advanced which I could never have imagined. As a guinea pig of the new syllabus, I can say that you can and probably should memorise/pre-prepare an essay for the actual HSC, but just be prepared to be flexible and creative in changing it to fit around the question.

I would highly recommend him as a tutor because you can tell that he enjoys the subject (who else would read Great Expectations for fun in like primary school) and it really shows in the way he teaches, how clearly and eloquently he communicates his ideas which made English lessons a little more interesting and less the bane of my existence. In particular, I really appreciated the way he would logically work through an argument, laying out the bare bones of the paragraph like 'you need a quote to show A, which leads onto B to finally show C etc.' This made the logical progression of the argument very clear and so instead of being confusing or repeating myself, it allowed me to write an argument that built up on an idea and kept moving.

However, I gotta say that sometimes he's a little flaky. I remember in the few days before my first HSC assessment I had made some edits to an essay and asked him to look over it and he said he would. But he ended up sending me his feedback in the period before the exam and I had to basically rush to memorise his suggestions/changes. At other times, he would ask to change the lesson with very little notice like an hour before we had planned, which can be a little frustrating.

But overall, 10/10 would do again 👌👌

Nav123

HSC
Highly recommend Roy. With his tutoring, I jumped 120 ranks from year 11 to year 12, with a final score of 94 (96 exam mark) in English advanced. Roy followed a methodical approach and goes through step by step through what is required to achieve a high mark in English. This ensured that I didn't waste the limited time I had throughout my HSC year giving me more time for my other subjects. His teaching is always clear and directly to the point, leaving little room for doubt. That being said, there were a few times he was late, and a few instances where lessons had to be canceled or rescheduled. Also at times, the background noise of Parramatta library was a little distracting, although this was not Roy's fault. However, if you want to get a band 6 in English, definitely go to this guy.

Last edited:

HSHAWNC

HSC
Having Roy as my English tutor was great privillage and Roy allowed my English capabilities to improve immensely. He will step out of his way without hesitation to assist us achieve our goals in English.

roy23

HSC
N/A
So I just did the HSC this year and did surprisingly well, getting a 95 in advanced which I could never have imagined. As a guinea pig of the new syllabus, I can say that you can and probably should memorise/pre-prepare an essay for the actual HSC, but just be prepared to be flexible and creative in changing it to fit around the question.

I would highly recommend him as a tutor because you can tell that he enjoys the subject (who else would read Great Expectations for fun in like primary school) and it really shows in the way he teaches, how clearly and eloquently he communicates his ideas which made English lessons a little more interesting and less the bane of my existence. In particular, I really appreciated the way he would logically work through an argument, laying out the bare bones of the paragraph like 'you need a quote to show A, which leads onto B to finally show C etc.' This made the logical progression of the argument very clear and so instead of being confusing or repeating myself, it allowed me to write an argument that built up on an idea and kept moving.

However, I gotta say that sometimes he's a little flaky. I remember in the few days before my first HSC assessment I had made some edits to an essay and asked him to look over it and he said he would. But he ended up sending me his feedback in the period before the exam and I had to basically rush to memorise his suggestions/changes. At other times, he would ask to change the lesson with very little notice like an hour before we had planned, which can be a little frustrating.

But overall, 10/10 would do again 👌👌
Highly recommend Roy. With his tutoring, I jumped 120 ranks from year 11 to year 12, with a final score of 94 (96 exam mark) in English advanced. Roy followed a methodical approach and goes through step by step through what is required to achieve a high mark in English. This ensured that I didn't waste the limited time I had throughout my HSC year giving me more time for my other subjects. His teaching is always clear and directly to the point, leaving little room for doubt. That being said, there were a few times he was late, and a few instances where lessons had to be canceled or rescheduled. Also at times, the background noise of Parramatta library was a little distracting, although this was not Roy's fault. However, if you want to get a band 6 in English, definitely go to this guy.
Thank you for taking the time to offer a well-balanced and honest review and it was truly enjoyable tutoring both of you. I particularly appreciate the criticism because feedback that isn't honest is worthless and I do apologise for the occasional inconvenience caused. Nonetheless, I am very happy that both of you found my help to be worthwhile and that your marks exceeded your expectations. Hopefully you make the most of the holidays and good luck with your respective courses!

roy23

HSC
N/A
Having Roy as my English tutor was great privillage and Roy allowed my English capabilities to improve immensely. He will step out of his way without hesitation to assist us achieve our goals in English.
Thank you, Shawn. Enjoy your holidays and good luck with uni!

Greninja340

HSC
How much do you charge per hour and how many hours per week do you teach?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
This guys is good, I don’t go to him... but wow so many B6 students under your belt

u even made a school dux in Green Yoda!

roy23

HSC
N/A
This guys is good, I don’t go to him... but wow so many B6 students under your belt

u even made a school dux in Green Yoda!
It's very hard to help students unless they are dedicated and so most of the credit goes to them. That being said, thank you so much for the kind words.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
It's very hard to help students unless they are dedicated and so most of the credit goes to them. That being said, thank you so much for the kind words.
Just curious what school did you go to and from what schools do your students usually come from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)