• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Experienced English & Maths Tutor / UNSW Law / State Rankings / Pennant Hills/Hornsby (1 Viewer)

munchkinwarrior

HSC
N/A
Hi!

My name is Elsa, and I've finished my second year of studying Arts/Law at UNSW.

I graduated from Hornsby Girls High School with an ATAR of 98.95 and am interested in tutoring Year 7-12 high school students with:

• English
    - I focus in improving student's essay writing by teaching students how to structure persuasive arguments, establish their individual voice, and analyse texts. I supply students with a range of my own essays and provide detailed edits of my students essays
  • Maths up to the 2 unit HSC course
  • Society and Culture (Placed 9th in the State)

I was also placed on the Premier All-Rounder's list and received a state ranking in Society and Culture.

I have four years of teaching experience and have privately tutored students ranging from Year 3 to Year 12. I have also worked in a coaching college teaching primary school students maths, comprehension, spelling and grammar.

I believe that my experience with public speaking and debating (at a state level) enables me to communicate, explain and simplify concepts clearly.

I always work to create a friendly and supportive learning environment, where students find learning helpful and enjoyable, and do everything I can to help and support their studies.

I am open to negotiation, but am looking to charge from $30-50 an hour, depending on the age of the student and location, and I tutor at Pennant Hills or Hornsby Libraries. I am also willing to travel to tutor, within reason.

I'm happy to provide a first lesson at half price, and am also available to teach in groups :)

Thankyou very much, and I hope I can help!

Please don't hesitate to PM or call/message me on 0432 541 777 for any questions :)

Last edited:

munchkinwarrior

HSC
N/A
Re: Experienced English & Maths Tutor / UNSW Law / State Rankings / Pennant Hills/Hor

Bump! I now have openings for the new year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)