Experienced English tutor available (1 Viewer)

em.cooke

HSC
Hi!

I am an HSC English tutor with 4 years tutoring experience. I am also a Sydney University graduate with a B.A. (majoring in English Literature) - currently undertaking a postgraduate Diploma in Education (Secondary).

I have tutored many HSC students and all of them have improved overwhelmingly in terms of marks and rankings.

For further information, you can email me - em.cooke@bigpond.com

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
This is a warning to students wanting to use persons tutoring service. She had tutored me for i think roughly two months and although i have found her to be very helpful and a good tutor at that, she is very unreliable. I had 4 lessons which were cancelled within 2hours before the lesson starts, which was quite fustrating as it had ruined my plans for that day. She also did not show up to my last lesson, which was the day before Paper 2, i recieved a SMS an hour before the lesson stating that she would be an hour late, for which i waited. I then SMS her asking where she was 3 hours after that message and another hour after the last message with no reply from her until this day. I find this unprofessional, and would like to warn other students, i do not discredit her teaching but discredit her reliability and how professional she is.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
just make a thread in tutoring reviews, otherwise she will keep deleting her threads and make new ones.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
skylinegtts said:
This is a warning to students wanting to use persons tutoring service. She had tutored me for i think roughly two months and although i have found her to be very helpful and a good tutor at that, she is very unreliable. I had 4 lessons which were cancelled within 2hours before the lesson starts, which was quite fustrating as it had ruined my plans for that day. She also did not show up to my last lesson, which was the day before Paper 2, i recieved a SMS an hour before the lesson stating that she would be an hour late, for which i waited. I then SMS her asking where she was 3 hours after that message and another hour after the last message with no reply from her until this day. I find this unprofessional, and would like to warn other students, i do not discredit her teaching but discredit her reliability and how professional she is.
wow, what an experience. that warning will seriously be considered by others i assume.

Anthony B

HSC
You're joking, right?

rnitya 25, I'm guessing that you're being sarcastic.
Because given that you are advertising your own tutoring services, you would have to know that skylinegtts' story sounds extremely unlikely.
Tutors with the sort of experience and qualifications em.cooke has do not behave that way because they are aware that a good reputation is very important and must be maintained.
Also, and perhaps most importantly, what good reason would em.cooke have to do that?
Everyone knows that tutors don't get paid unless they show up. So why would em.cooke just not show up when that means that she would not be earning any money. Not to mention jeopardising a reputation and disadvantaging a student that as a tutor em.cooke would have worked hard to prepare for the HSC - skylinegtts admits this himself.
The whole thing sounds like skylinegtts is stressed about having screwed up his HSC due to lack of committment and looking for an easy target to blame.

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
i am not looking for an easy target to blame.... facts are facts. that was what had happened to me, and i thought future students should be aware of this.
the least em.cooke could have done would have been to reply to my SMS or contact me in anyway even after the HSC. Which i still have not heard from her.
i have never said that i screwed up my HSC, i believe in proper work ethics, which she did not display.
i was committed during the whole of the HSC, and having the lessons cancelled on such short notice messed up my whole plans for that day which i could have made more use of if i had been informed with sufficient time. and especially since each lesson went for 2 hours and it was during the day, for which i had to work everything else around.
believe what you want... im just telling the facts, i do not gain anything out of this, just to inform future students of how she works.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
you know, your story could be true, because i don't see em.cooke defending herself in anyway.

i was being sarcastic before i must admit, i thought you were just having a go at em.cooke because of some other dispute.

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
thats fine.
i had no disputes or anything with her.
again, the least she could have done is contact me after the hsc whether she got my SMS or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)