Experienced High School and University Tutor - Science, Maths, Commerce (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Check out my UniversityTutor.com profile for my reviews from past students and more information about me here:

[url]http://sydney.universitytutor.com/tutors/128478[/URL]

Haven't been tutored by OP, but can vouch for the fact that he definitely knows his stuff inside out and is an overall patient person who is a pleasure to talk to. The fact that he was responsible for bringing back MATHSOC at UNSW (as previously mentioned) adds weight to his credentials.

Highly recommended.
(Azure is an Administrator of the boredofstudies.org forums)

Very reasonable rates from a very reasonable person.

+1 from me for this one.
(Carrotsticks is a Moderator of the Mathematics Extension 2 subforum)

Out of all the tutors who advertise here on BoS, I'd put ML on a very high echelon.

I could say many things, but suffice to say I agree with Carrotsticks. He's a great person and I have every confidence in him being a tutor.

ML is 2nd year uni, he's very good at what he does. High Distinctions in all those subjects... you can say whatever you want about good HSC results, but if you can back top-band HSC results with top-band uni results - that is a very special class of people.
(Shadowdude is a well known poster with over 10,000 posts)

---

I am a 3rd year uni student studying Commerce/Advanced Mathematics majoring in Finance and Applied Mathematics at the University of New South Wales.

I have achieved high distinctions in all my subjects in my first year of university, which include Higher Maths 1A and 1B, Discrete Maths, Accounting + Financial Management 1A, Business Finance, and Microeconomics. I achieved an ATAR of 97.40 in 2010 and attained Band 6s/E4s in Maths Ext 2, Maths Ext 1, Chemistry and Biology.

Sure there may be tutors available here who achieved 99.95 ATAR and several state rankings, but I've studied further mathematics at university and have had 3 years of tutoring experience so I understand what works for students.

Here's a summary of SOME of my achievements at UNSW (more can be found on my UniversityTutor.com profile):
- Co-founder of the UNSW Mathematics Society on August 2011
- Events Coordinator of the UNSW Mathematics Society (2011)
- President of the UNSW Mathematics Society (2012)
- Sponsorship Director of the UNSW Mathematics Society (2013)
- Treasurer of the UNSW Boxing Club (2012 to Present)

Email me at daniel.tndl[at]gmail[dot]com

---

I am offering tutoring (one-on-one AND group) for the following subjects:

High School:
Year 7-10 Maths
Year 11-12 General/2U/3U/4U Maths

University:
First Year Maths which includes Calculus, Algebra and Discrete Mathematics.

---

Price:
High school - $30/hr
University - $50/hr

Discounts are available for group study.

---

I am only available in the Liverpool/Parramatta area on weekends. I live in Maroubra on weekdays.

Please do not hesitate to email me at daniel.tndl[at]gmail[dot]com if you have any questions. Good luck with your studies!

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: 2nd year uni student - Liverpool/Cabramatta area or UNSW - HSC + 1st year uni

Very reasonable rates from a very reasonable person.

+1 from me for this one.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: 2nd year uni student - Liverpool/Cabramatta area or UNSW - HSC + 1st year uni

Out of all the tutors who advertise here on BoS, I'd put ML on a very high echelon.

I could say many things, but suffice to say I agree with Carrotsticks. He's a great person and I have every confidence in him being a tutor.

ML is 2nd year uni, he's very good at what he does. High Distinctions in all those subjects... you can say whatever you want about good HSC results, but if you can back top-band HSC results with top-band uni results - that is a very special class of people.

HSC
Uni Grad

I like ML as a tutor. I would highly recommend him as he is dedicated as fuck to maths (he even founded UNSW MATHSOC) and has got HDs in uni level maths, and thus it shows that he's more intuitive in his learning to maths, as opposed to people who have done better in the HSC and screwed up uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Co-founder. I established it with my now ex-girlfriend.
Yeah but I consider you the sole Founder because you were the first to go about suggesting it.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A

wow,Ml those are great results congratulations. If you dont mind me asking how do you go about getting them

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

Diet and exercise

I just study hard consistently and start assignments early rather than cramming at the last minute :)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

During the semester, Mature Lamb shared his solutions to the past tests in the course booklet with Mathsoc. That was helpful.
Free bump :)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

bump, and thanks pwoh i'm glad you made use of those solutions :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

Mature Lamb actually tutored me, when we were doing similar maths courses last year at university. I was doing the lower stream of maths and he still managed to tutor me despite being taught similar content at the same time. He's extremely patient (I'm a slow learner with maths unless I have a tutor type relationship), knows his stuff inside and out and is a very nice man to deal with.

10/10 would tute(?) again.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks Lolsmith :)

mnmaa

HSC
N/A

Diet and exercise

I just study hard consistently and start assignments early rather than cramming at the last minute :)
thanks for the tips, free bump :)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

thanks for the tips, free bump :)
No worries. Enjoy your first year of uni this year. :)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

MATH3041 @ 25 p/h?

bleakarcher

HSC
Re: 2nd year uni student - Year 7-12 and first year uni

free bump, this cunt established fucking mathsoc.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 2nd year uni student - Year 7-12 and first year uni

http://mathsoc.dreamhosters.com/

UNSW mathsoc, established 2008... unless he just ripped off the name.
That version of MATHSOC died a long time ago. We had permission from the previous owner (currently a tutor and PhD student at UNSW) and the School of Maths and Stats to re-establish it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)