Experiences with transferring out of UWS to another uni (1 Viewer)

DanQ1991

HSC
I didn't get the required ATAR to study the course(s) I wanted to so I decided to enrol in B Visual Communication at UWS for a year before trying to transfer.

My goal is to be able to transfer into the B Psychology at UWS (or even better, MQ or UNSW) or the B Arts/Education at UNSW.

How hard would that be? Has anyone here managed to transfer into UNSW successfully?

Studying with the intent to transfer is like taking a gamble. Time and money would be wasted if it doesn't work out - so yeah.

rx34

HSC
What is your ATAR? You should aim for a distinction average at least. Also the number of people applying for transfers in a particular course (like yourself) will determine whether it would be easy or difficult to transfer in; they rank all the transfer applicants on GPA/UAI combo (in UNSW), so the higher your ranking the better your chances are.

Since you are transferring to B Arts/Education, I would suppose there are not that many potential transferees compared to a law transfer. So your chances would be higher, just aim for a distinction average and cross your fingers. All the best :spin: (see if your course is applicable for mid year transfer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)