explain how the immune system responds after primary exposure to a pathogen, including innate and acquired immunity (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
hey guys does anyone know hwo to structure this response if its five marks. i dont know if i should get into first, second, third line of defence or be general?
@zizi2003_ @Hivaclibtibcharkwa
have a general sentence on how a primary exposure to a pathogen occurs eg, via inoculation (vaccine) or direct/indirect contact. Specify that the immune system responds to the pathogen through its innate immune system (to prevent entry) and then through its adaptive immunity by developing immunological memory.
Then have two paragraphs - each on the innate and acquired immunity. Make sure you define each, and have sufficient examples to support the first & second line of defences, as well as humoral and cell-mediated immunity. To make a link between the 2 systems, make sure to mention the role helper T cells play (i.e. antigen-presenting macrophages/dendritic cells trigger the adaptive immune respnse by activating the helper T cells to stimulate the cloning of B and T lymphocytes...)

dasfas

HSC
Yes, talk about the first, second and third line of defense.

First line of defense: Briefly mention the role of the skin (physical), tears (chemical) and mucociliary escalator (biological).

Second line of defense: Then talk about non-specific response, including macrophages, inflammatory response

Third line of defense: Then talk about how this leads to B/T-cell activation. Mention the specificity system due to the ability for antigen recognition.

Finally, explain the production of memory T/B cells and how this leads to stronger and more specific response upon secondary exposure ie. vaccines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)