Explain This Please.. (1 Viewer)

clissold

HSC
Hey..

I created a thread just the other day about the procedures regarding the HSC and going to university but it has now been closed for some unknown reason. Anyway, I had two replies from "Omnipotence" and "Aquawhite" which were as follows:

1. Submit preferences to UAC
2. Sit HSC exam
3. Accepted/Denied into courses - dependent on ATAR (or additional criteria)

This is subjected to different rounds. Main round offers were yesterday, in which, most offers are given out.

^ Perfect response essentially. All you do is wait until UAC allows you to make preferences, get them in the right order. Concentrate on the HSC and do your best. Get your ATAR. Wait until you get an offer in each of the rounds...

Nothing to stress about yet.

The reason I created this new thread is because I had a few questions about the above replies. Firstly, approximately when do you submit your preferences to the UAC..? How does this procedure work..? Next, how long (roughly) after you receive your HSC results and ATAR do you receive your university offers..? I believe these are called the "main round" offers, right..? And also, what exactly is "early entry", "second round offers", etc..?

Thankyou.

muzeikchun852

HSC

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You do realise your school is going to inform you of what's happening and what's going to happen.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You do realise your school is going to inform you of what's happening and what's going to happen.
He goes to my school and I wouldn't put it passed them to "forget"...

clissold

HSC
Thankyou for all of the information, it is much appreciated.

And yes I do realise this although I would like to have some sort of rough idea of how it all works so Im able to plan ahead a little bit.

Im still undecided on what sort of career path I want to pursue and thus Im undecided on what uni course I want to take. Help!?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou for all of the information, it is much appreciated.

And yes I do realise this although I would like to have some sort of rough idea of how it all works so Im able to plan ahead a little bit.

Im still undecided on what sort of career path I want to pursue and thus Im undecided on what uni course I want to take. Help!?
Do PE teaching or some shit.

clissold

HSC
Do PE teaching or some shit.
PDHPE Teaching is still definitely an option for me. Its something that I would really like to do, not to mention the great holidays, although I dont know if Im selling myself short, plus the pay isnt the greatest. Ive been looking into other areas, especially things such as law, engineering, etc, which are typically harder and better paying in the long run, although Im still not 100% sure. Any suggestions..?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
PDHPE Teaching is still definitely an option for me. Its something that I would really like to do, not to mention the great holidays, although I dont know if Im selling myself short, plus the pay isnt the greatest. Ive been looking into other areas, especially things such as law, engineering, etc, which are typically harder and better paying in the long run, although Im still not 100% sure. Any suggestions..?
Law = English (Advanced)
Engineering is disgusting. (Also, MX1 minimum)
Teach at a Catholic/private school. Better monneh.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If you're going to do somehing you're not interested in, you're going to regret it.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
My bad - I should of elaborated more.

I'll try to clarify this; Firstly you must submit your 9 ordered preferences to UAC before the end of Novermber. i.e. If your first selection is denied, then it moves to your subsequent selection and this is repeated until you are accepted into a course. Entry is dependent on ATAR (or additional criteria). Early offers/entry are before the main round, for example USyd Medicine - after nominees are awarded 99.95, the faculty calls them up, subjected to a interview and are notified if they are accepted in following days. However, main rounds are 3-4 weeks after the ATAR is revealed - most offers are given out here. Second round offers are after the main round, if you were unsuccessful in the previous rounds. i.e. ATAR did not meet threshold in early/main round but is sufficient in second round.

I hope that cleared the air. =]

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I created a thread just the other day about the procedures regarding the HSC and going to university but it has now been closed for some unknown reason. Anyway, I had two replies from "Omnipotence" and "Aquawhite" which were as follows:
Are you sure the thread just wasn't moved?

clissold

HSC
Law = English (Advanced)
Engineering is disgusting. (Also, MX1 minimum)
Teach at a Catholic/private school. Better monneh.
Yeahh, Ive heard all of this before but I could just take a bridging course. I really dont know at the moment. And yeahh private definitely pays better.

If you're going to do somehing you're not interested in, you're going to regret it.
I think thats my problem.. Im not 100% sure what I will continuosuly be interested in.

My bad - I should of elaborated more.

I'll try to clarify this; Firstly you must submit your 9 ordered preferences to UAC before the end of Novermber. i.e. If your first selection is denied, then it moves to your subsequent selection and this is repeated until you are accepted into a course. Entry is dependent on ATAR (or additional criteria). Early offers/entry are before the main round, for example USyd Medicine - after nominees are awarded 99.95, the faculty calls them up, subjected to a interview and are notified if they are accepted in following days. However, main rounds are 3-4 weeks after the ATAR is revealed - most offers are given out here. Second round offers are after the main round, if you were unsuccessful in the previous rounds. i.e. ATAR did not meet threshold in early/main round but is sufficient in second round.

I hope that cleared the air. =]
Thankyou for the comprehensive summary. That did clarify quite a few things for me :)

Are you sure the thread just wasn't moved?
No, I tried replying to someone and down the bottom it said the thread was closed.

Nope, it was locked.
Yeahh I think this is what happened.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeahh, Ive heard all of this before but I could just take a bridging course. I really dont know at the moment. And yeahh private definitely pays better.
The monnehz!!!
Also, it's a waste of time when you could do something you're actually really good at and like. I mean, there are going to be all EE2 people doing law... but you could do engineering I guess. I still don't know why you didn't do MX1...

clissold

HSC
The monnehz!!!
Also, it's a waste of time when you could do something you're actually really good at and like. I mean, there are going to be all EE2 people doing law... but you could do engineering I guess. I still don't know why you didn't do MX1...
Yeahh, money is also a contributing factor to my decision.

Im only half-half on taking Law, Engineering Im probably more interested in.

And MX1 clashed with PDHPE on the lines so I wasnt able to do both.

clissold

HSC
Nick did Software and MX1... and he's beating me now...
yeahh true although he chose to practically teach himself the MX1 course last year which I didnt think I had the knowledge and/or time to do.. so I stuck with PDHPE which was my number one preference anyways

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
yeahh true although he chose to practically teach himself the MX1 course last year which I didnt think I had the knowledge and/or time to do.. so I stuck with PDHPE which was my number one preference anyways
he had private classes with miss during his study period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)