• Best of luck to the class of 2021 for their HSC exams. You can do it!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Explanation of HSC Marks (Moderating) (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
so how do schools do the dux and top achievers stuff based on atar
Yeah what vishnay said.

Same thing at my school we had a post Hsc afternoon tea session in which they gave everyone a sheet where you had the choice to write down your atar and hand it in.

specificagent1

HSC
Yeah what vishnay said.

Same thing at my school we had a post Hsc afternoon tea session in which they gave everyone a sheet where you had the choice to write down your atar and hand it in.
all schools do this?

sab13562

HSC
A teacher told me that the principal gets your atar as well because some people lie? Idk it sounds wrong

icycledough

HSC
Idk about the afternoon tea thing but definitely all schools who publish atars at some point have asked their students.
That's interesting, because at our atar brunch/tea last year, none of the teachers asked or cared pretty much about our atars. I don't know if they get our ATARs or if they only get everyone's exam marks for their respective subjects. It was just a day to chill and meet up with everyone after a stressful year.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The school I went to would hold an award ceremony where students who have achieved at least 2 band 6's/E4's are invited to attend and are given an award. With the invitation comes a form containing the subjects they achieved top bands in (for confirmation) and they are asked to provide their ATAR in addition to other details such as what they intend to study beyond year 12 (if applicable) and the institution they will attend.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)