Explination of how double majors work (1 Viewer)

physx

HSC
Hi, at enrolement today they talked about double majors. Could someone please explain in general how this works.. Thanks

-PhysX

BlackDragon

HSC
Without Wings said:
A double major is just majoring in two areas as opposed to one. Many students choose to do it.
to the exclusion of other units you would use to supplement your degree right?

physx

HSC
oh im sooo lost... i was under the impression that you had pick subject electives that where common to both... im confused ill stop talking now ! :):burn: flame away

edit: help from someone that has done one before would be great!!!! thanks

Last edited:

physx

HSC
Without Wings said:
What course are you doing? Check out your faculty handbook - they tend to have an area on majors which will explain it for you :)
Im doing Information Communication Technololgy ITB (Network and Systems Management) but would like to do 'Network and Systems Management / Business Information Systems (ITBD)' from http://www.uow.edu.au/handbook/yr2006/cour706.html it really doesnt explain it.

when u follow the link "combined majors" it just goes to data analsys..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
As far as I know the details for the combined majors aren't listed for that degree. I'm sure there is an official list somewhere so you should call someone important from your faculty and ask for it.

Alternatively you could get the lists of subjects for both degrees and just make sure you do all the subjects for each (and some will probably overlap). I think you will eventually need to fill out a form that says you are officially changing to a double major but it's not that important as long as you keep up with the subjects you should be doing.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
physx said:
Hi, at enrolement today they talked about double majors. Could someone please explain in general how this works.. Thanks

-PhysX
Frankly they don't work... mine is broken and I still can't leave UOW because of it.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
physx said:
Im doing Information Communication Technololgy ITB (Network and Systems Management) but would like to do 'Network and Systems Management / Business Information Systems (ITBD)' from http://www.uow.edu.au/handbook/yr2006/cour706.html it really doesnt explain it.

when u follow the link "combined majors" it just goes to data analsys..
You hand in a form during the course of your time at UOW (there's no real rush). Until then, you just take subjects that are listed in both majors. For first year, ensure you take CSCI114/103/124 and not BUSS111. You must take the CSCI components since they're required for Network and Systems Management. Business Information Systems will work with CSCI114 anyway. So no problems. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)